Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Does anyone else suffer from this? I get sooo depressed in Winter, more so than other times, and it's not an emet thing. The lack of light really gets to me. It is Summer now, so I'm loving all the sunshine, but keep thinking about how long it will last till we are plunged into darkness again. I live in Northern WA state, so it pretty much rains all Fall/Winter/Spring.
    I am seriously considering convincing my hubby that we should move to Florida or California or something. Someplace that has more light.

Yes.. I get this, too. I live in Ohio, so there is a pretty good balance of seasons and weather here. I don't really get depressed in the winter and when it's raining, but I am not myself. I find it hard to be motivated, I guess. But, when it's nice out I am in a great mood. I love the sun. My fiance's family is in California and when we visit I feel great just because of all the sunshine.

There are things that you can do, though. I have a friend who has found great relief from a light box that she bought online. Also, taking a vitamin D supplement is a good idea. (or eating foods with lots of vitamin d).

Good luck with this. I know how much it sucks.
    \"This too shall pass\"

I also live in Ohio and suffer from this. Not only is it because of lack of light but a few bad things have happened to me in the winter and so when it rolls around that's all I can think about. I am on meds so it hasn't been that bad the past few years, and next year my dad is planning a trip to Vegas with me in the early winter months so I have that to look forward to. I don't really have much advice except to just try and push through it. It sucks, but remember it won't be winter forever.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

This coming from another Ohio resident...I suffer as well. I did a
    research paper on it back in high school. Very interesting! There is
    a company that sells lights called Vita Lights for your home. They
    help with the amount of helpful rays you are getting. My parents had
    them at our house for the longest time. Maybe if you google it, you
    could find out more about them.

I am doing great, with summer here. But, the dreaded winter with all
    of those gray days is always looming. I am like a cat or dog...you
    will ALWAYS find me in a sunny corner of a room!!!!
    Julie

I've wondered if I do... I live in Washington too, and I feel soo much better on sunny days/in summer. Winter is okay, but somewhat depressing, and I absolutely hate fall. I've wondered if it has to do with the fact that my summer memories are better then the memories I have of other seasons, so I associate the sun with good things, or if I really do have seasonal affective disorder... but my dad is like me, he gets in much better moods when the weather is bright and sunny... and he has lived in many different places with different weathers... so, maybe we both actually have SAD.

my mood does also change with the weather, however i am not consistent, sometimes i love being out in the snow and enjoy it, but other times i just hate all the white, and dont want to drive in it, i just was to sleep until it goes away!! the summer is the same way, sometimes it is so damn hot i cant handle it and just want to stay on the couch and be lazy, but other times i love getting outside and swimming and going to parks...im weird like that [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]...but i would have to say that it is completely normal!! mother nature has a huge affect on a lot of people...

ps~i have to say this summer is one of the worst, considering i will be starting my 3rd trimester of my pregnancy this summer!! i cant wait!! hahahaEdited by: loveable101
    ♥LIDIA&hearsts;

Yep - I have this too. I actually told my husband last night that I'm already starting to think about (and DREAD) this upcoming winter. He told me not to let it ruin my summer since there's another 3 months (at least) of really nice weather left. Easier said than done.... I lived in Iceland for a couple of years, which for me was perpetual winter andI haven't been able to deal with winters since...

I am the same....i absolutely detest winter...the only thing i like about it is wearing sweat suits...sitting by a fire, watching the snow fall, decorating for Christmas....i like alot about the fall too, the leaves, the colors, Halloween, but it always never compares to summer time...i was born in July so i guess i am a summer baby through and through. But i do get very very depressed in the winter and when i think about it, it's really sad, b/c there are alot of good things about winter...besides freezing your patootie off!!!!!!!!
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

I actually love the fall, the leaves, that crisp smell in the air. And I love Halloween. I think it's my favorite holiday. I usually start to get bummed out around mid-November, because it's so dark then, and something about the bare branches on the trees makes me sad. The holidays cheer me up a bit, but then the worst is January/February, because the holidays are over, and springtime seems like years away.

I agree Dafodil...my thoughts exactly.
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"