Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I feel myself starting to stress right now. I know I shouldn't, but I can't help it. I keep thinking I'm getting a sv. I know in reality I am most likely just PMSing + dealing with lack of sleep + not eating well... but I keep worrying that I actually am experiencing the start of a sv. I was fine until a few hours ago.. when suddenly I remembered the fact that, two days ago, I was in my self defense class, and a couple of people were talking about how someone was sick outside the building earlier the day. I realized that it's approaching 48 hrs since then... so this would be the time to start showing symptons. I know that's pretty impossible, since I wasn't even there when the guy was sick, and I didn't see it or anything.. but I can't stop worrying! I hate being PMS, I feel so disgusting, I've felt bad for the last few days.. and I've been having the worst mood swings.. plus it makes me feel paranoid. I just ate dinner, and now I'm all worried that having the food in me will make me sick. This sucks. I'm trying to distract myself, but at the same time, I feel like my brain is telling me, "Don't start that activity! You don't want to have to quit in the middle if you get sick..". how dumb. I'm really tired of having emet... sorry, just needed tocomplain

Oh, I get this all the time...hope you're ok! You're probably just going through a hormone-driven emet patch, we all get them. Hopefully you'll come out the other end of this OK.

I'm fine, thanks I went to bed that night, woke up the next morning expecting to have a really bad day... and actually felt a lot better. I tried to eat a little healthier and drink less caffeine, and I've felt much better since. hmm I guess hormones do have an affect on emet feelings....

I second that! Lol about the hormones and emet connection. Ugh! I know what you mean just it being that time of the month means feeling gross and nausea and all that, and also we aren't always in our right thinking at that time, I know I get more OCD like, and more irritated easily and such, which combined with yuck feelings makes me fear I am getting sick. It will pass tho!