Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I posted a couple of months ago about being in the truck with my husband behind a guy throwing up out his window? So yesterday I decide on my way home from work to stop at the fish store to get a new fish for my tank. Coming home I'm sitting at a light and across the street is a truck with two men and the driver is leaning out the door - yep, you guessed it. I couldn't believe it and of course my mind starts wondering (all night I might add) why is he sick? I know it could be a number of reasons but of course I'm thinking he has a sv of course and the spray - could I be driving thru it? I've never seen so much V. So I was of course grossed out beyond words but I managed to make dinner for my family and eat too. I have seen it so many times now driving in my car. I always wish I'd have either driven faster and missed it or stayed where I was longer so I'd have missed it.

Oh noooooo!! That is very unlucky - I always look out for it thoughwhen my boyfriend and I are driving anywhere.. I look at ALL cars parked on the side of the freeway/motorway and do like a major 'rubberneck' thing to check that they definately aren't being sick!

Well done to you though for being able to cook and eat afterwards - very brave! have only ever seen anyone being sick out of a car once.. and I didn't see the V* just the old lady bending over..eeugh.

I have, however, had to drive in the car with my ex boyfriend while my SISTER (grr) was being sick out of the window. That was awful. She was really drunk and hadn't eaten anything aside from potato wedges all evening. She finally stopped being sick so my ex said to me: Just let her lie on your lap with a plastic carrier bag nearby. I was like: ARE YOU CRAZEEEEEEE?????? He was like: don't be so silly, just do it will you??? So yeah.. no need to wonder any longer why he is now my EX. [img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

Oh my gosh, I feel so sorry for you. I agree with kimmc24 - I too rubberneck at cars parked by the side of the road to see what they are doing, but fortunately i've never seen "it" happen out of a window of a moving car (fingers crossed thatit never will!) - besides, the acid in it - from the stomach - can do damage to the duco/paint on your car, so if it happens, there's double reason to wash it asap.

Well done on being able to cook and eat after seeing "it" happen though - that is one thing I just can't do.

Oh how horrible...but just like you, it seems I am always the one to see it too. It never fails...but then again, i guess since we are emets...we just have the "nose" and "eyes" on guard all the time to spot it. It sucks though. But good job on being able to go on with your evening of cooking and eating...i know it was hard to get out of your mind though..and like everyone else, i always look at cars on the side of the road to see what's going on....just a bad habit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

I used to look at the cars parked on the side of the road, but the last time I did, it wasn't v*, I was priviledged to see 2 people who just couldn't wait to get to a hotel room, if you know what I mean... so, Idon't look anymore...
    <a href=\"
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

Dord -

How awful for you! YUK!!! I was once stuck in a terrible traffic jam and the passenger in a car next to us kept v* all over the place. We had NO where to go - I thought I was going to die! My husband was driving thank God. I don't think I could have concentrated on the roadway enough to do it myself. Kuddos for being able to make dinner AND eat it! That's great...

I've only seen someone get out of a car and V* once, and that was like 5 years ago and I still look at every car parked on the side of the road...LoL. I was with my social worker and we got a flat and we had to pull over to the side of the highway and like a minute later some people pulled up behind us, but they didn't get out to help and I'm thinking, "What the hell are they doing?" No one got out and V*ed though but I was like freaking out. It's good that you were able to continue with making dinner and eating, I don't know if I could do that!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Oh wow that is unlucky. Obviously it was something that helped make you stronger though being able to come home make dinner AND eat.
    I am happy to know though that I am not the only one that eyes up parked cars on the side of the road making sure it isn't waht I think it is. It is usually a young child that could wait to pee or someone broken down though when I look.

I have come across it before like when I was openeing the store a guy jumped out of his car and ran for the bushes but they were all coming back from a party so I imagine it was just too much to drink judging by the company he had with him.

It is my biggest worry but knowing that you could deal with it the way you did I know that if it happens to me I can try and deal with it as well as you.,
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Years ago while on vacation we were driving through Ohio on Intersate 90. I noticed this parked car on the side of the road with the passenger door open.Of course my eyes were glued. We were drivngby pretty fast but I still saw the woman bent over with her hands on her knees and sawher v*It was like in slow motion! I was shaking and couldn't get it off of my mind for the next few days! I still remember it clearly. I was able to eat dinner that night but it was a little hard. I just could'nt get the image out of my head. You did good, being able to cook and eat and all right after!

Once again,...Im stunned!...I just joined this group and I never knew so many people had this......LIKE THIS....Like you guys,...I panic everytime I see a car pull over or is parked over,......I try to hard not to look...I even cup my hand over the side of my face but I still insist on looking knowing I will be ruined for many hours after. Unlike most of you,...it happens to me almost every 2 weeks I see it,...what is it?....none of the people at work ever have it happen to them. On top of that,...these images are engraved forever in my mind and I can recall them all in a split second with details.......how I wish I could forget

I for sure know I could not have come home and been normal enough to make dinner...My husband can tell right away that I have been "exposed",...when this happens and Im all out of sorts. The images just repeat over and over and over,...wondering why,...hoping it never happens to me!

I hope that soon,...since joining this group,....my confidence will get better knowing that Im not alone or "the weird one".....

Samantha

I think the reason why we are all glued to the car that is pulled over is because if we don't find out what is happening, we will imagine the worst possible situation. We will think it is actually happening when in real life, it is just a kid that was crying or something. My imagination always runs away with me, so I find that it is better just to figure out what happened.

Claire
    The sun never sets on a badass...

If anyone's main fear is about vomiting him/herself, then the best consolation during this time of seeing someone vomit from a car near you or on the side of the road, is that there is no way in the world that you will catch a single thing from it.