Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Language

Is any one else here learning a language? sorry really random questions lol. Im learning japanese with my brother, im going to learn how to speak it and write it fluently. So yeah is anyone else learning one, or do you know another language[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

Ruth -x-
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wow, Japanese. That sounds not at all tricky [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]I can speak French quite well and German to a lesser extent after learning it at school.

Wow, Japanese - I think that would be really difficult! At least you have someone to learn and practice with.

I can count to 20 in german, and also know how to as for a piece of chocolate cake.

As for french, I can count to 10, and say please and thankyou

I would like to learn both alot more, but don't seem to find the time (or the inclination sometimes).

I speak french, which is good considering I live in a bilingual city on the border to QUebec.

Eventually, I want to learn spanish and italian- eventually.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I want to learn Japanese SO BAD but I can't find any beginner classes here for 21 year olds. The only courses that they offer at the local collage are level 2 classes so you have to have taken it in highschool and my highschool was under budget and only taught French.

I don't know French fluently but I can say a few things, and read a little of it.

I actually want to live in Japan for a year or two when I get older, so I'm going to have to learn it sooner or later [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

I speak italian and finnish pretty well, leanred a bit of spanish..and of course a bit of french since its mandatory to take in highschool in canada..
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.

I will be learning sign language to use at school with some of my
    students with special needs...does that count?

I also know a little bit of French!
    Julie

Wow thats so cool everyone!![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img], i was going to learn italian, but i thought seeing as my brother is learning japanese aswell, it would be good so we can practice together and he wants to live there when he's older. Its really cool what other languages people know and want to learn. Also thats really cool about learning sign language, thats good to know. You can buy books on the internet and audio cd's teaching a language.

Ruth -x-
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

I don't know any other languages.[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]I know a little bit of Spanish, but not enough to have a conversation. I'd love to learn more, as well as sign language.

I did French at school, and have tried to keep it up. I did Spanish at night school, and used to know a few words of Swedish (difficult but interesting) I also started a sign language course, but they cancelled the class because too many people dropped out. When my boys are bigger, I'd like to do it again.

I'm french, i also speak english, a little bit spanish and now i'm learning chinese(Putonghua/Guoyu).
    Le Paroxysme de la Tranquilité.

Compulsory good manners.

I'm still learning how to write in Chinese. Writing is very hard... I know very little though lol. Only about 1000-2000 characters ;_; Oh well.
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

I speak French fluently, which is a good thing since I am a French teacher!

happyteacher

I know this sounds weird because it is a "dead" language, but I can write fluently in Latin. I think it is the most rewarding language and I want to bring it back!

Claire
    The sun never sets on a badass...

well i use to speak french very fluently. i took 3 yrs in high school, however as soon as i got out and didnt pursue learning it...i forgot it all, except the basics of course!! oh well!! it was fun while it lasted!!
    &hearts;LIDIA&hearsts;

Cool!, yeah its good to have another language though. I have to learn how to speak japanese first before i start the writing really, but im learning some kanji at the moment..i can now write tea in japanese. Its different as there's kanji which are symbols for words, like sometimes you see the ones for fire and stuff, then there is two syllabicwhich arehiragana and katakana, also the latin aplphabet romaji can be used aswell in modern japanese, so a lot to learn really..lol.

Ruth -x-Edited by: xroofusx
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

i speak italian fluently; my paternal grandparents are from naples in italy and they pretty much taught me italian before i knew english! they made all of their grandkids learn it and master it and i'm thankful for that because it's good to know! it's also similar to spanish in a lot of ways, and i took spanish in school for five years, so i'm almost fluent with that too! i confuse italian and spanish sometimes though! i'd like to learn french!!
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

I don't know any foreign language v_v I'd love to be bilingual though... Actually, I took 2 years of Japanese But I didn't take it last year, it just didn't fit into my schedule, so I don't remember much.. it's a cool language! Difficult to learn though! I'd really like to get back into studying that... or really, learning any other language.

Wow cool!![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]. Cool about learning japanese!! yeah it seems hard, but i guess if you pratice and practice the better you'll get[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]. Also learning a new language opens up good job opportunities.
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

Ok well I can speak/write Afrikaans, which is similar to Dutch and even German in some ways. Unfortunately, the ONLY country in the world where Afrikaans is spoken is South Africa, so it doesn't come in handy, unless i'm telling my SA friends something and don't want my boyfriend to understand!! lol.

We learnt it at school, as our 2nd language, and we had to pass that, with English, and if you failed either of them you failed the whole school year. As it turned out, in my last year of school I got a better mark for Afrikaans than for English. Woops! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

last year i took a spanish class in my high school but i have forgotten most of it [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]but i would like to learn it again

monica, maybe you could take an online course to learn Japanese, or something like that??
    ~*~ all is fair in love and war ~*~

I was born in Russia and moved to Canada when I was 7 so i speak Russian very fluently other than that I know a bit of French - hence Canadian Schools- I also can speak and understand patois because my boy freind speaks it. For those who are not farmiliar with patois it is a type of broken english common in western Africa and Jamaica.

Quote Originally Posted by snoozy

I can count to 20 in german, and also know how to as for a piece of chocolate cake.

Asking for a piece of choclate cake is pretty important, eh Snoozy? Haha.

Well I know English, Dutch (as that's what the whole Family speaks) and French, but just because I've had to put up with it in school.

L xo

I lived in northern japan for 3 years. The hachinohe area. THe only thing I got to learn was the kanji for bathhouse, ramen house, market, and shopping. And of course my road signs I needed. I wish I could have been fluent in it but the miolitary keeps you too busy to learn much!

I am still learning english [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]I speak and write russian, but not fluently.
    Vergangenheit ist es erst, wenn es nicht mehr weh tut!

I am almost fluent in Spanish (became that way in spain over the winter) and i know little snippets of various other languages. My dad speaks German so I know a bit of that, how to say "thank you" in Swedish, I can count in French, and I can understand Italian because it is very similar to Spanish. I also speak basic sign language. Oh, and I cansay "how are you" in xhosa, which is an african language (spelling probably isn't right).

&lt;3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!