Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How are you ladies doing? Any progress with the babies?
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing....hope you both are feeling well and that everything is going good. Let us know!!!
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

I'm still here and still pregnant! I wish I had better news, but at the moment I just feel horrible and am ready for it all to be over. I am 38 1/2 weeks now, but am making proress very slowly. At my 37 week appointment, I was still at 50% effacement and no dilation, and the baby was at a station -2 - all the same as my 36 week appointment. Yesterday I was still only 50% effaced, but the baby had dropped to a -1 and I was 1cm dilated on the outside, but still closed on the inside (i've enver heard of anyone else doing this before, but I guess it's because I'm not totally effaced yet?). It wasn't much, but it was at least some progress. My doctor is out starting tomorrow and will be back on the 24th. She is going to induce me on the 24th if I haven't gone on my own by then. As much as I would like my doctor to be there, I really hope I go before then.

I am feeling so miserable now. I can't sleep because when I lay down my heartburn gets way too bad, but if I try to prop myself up, I am too uncomfortable to sleep. I am really starting to swell - I couldn't even put my shoes or watch on this morning. My hips are killing me from the pressure. I have absolutely no energy to do anything. Everyone keeps telling me that you get this sudden burst of energy right before you go into labor, but I just don't see that happening, so I don't think I am too close to labor. My appetite is gone, but I know I need to keep eating for the baby and to keep up what little strength I have.

I hope Madisonsmom is doing better right now! Actually, hopefully she has already delivered! I am so tired right now, I couldn't even imagine having the energy to deliver a baby, but I'm sure the adrenaline kicks in and gets you through it. I will keep you posted if there is any exciting news!

Just do your best to hang in there. My girlfriend had the same issue with her first, she wasn't progressing at all. Then, she started to have contractions but didn't know she was in labor. She was laboring for 2 days before she called the doctor, and the doctor was upset she didn't call sooner. She thought that when you were in labor you would know, but hers was so painfree she didn't realize what was happening. She went to the hospital and gave birth withina few hours, so maybe that will happen for you. I wish you luck and please keep us posted. Just think positive thoughts, it will be over soon and you will have a healthy baby girl!!
    <a href=\"
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

I am sorry you are feeling so miserable now, but i guess it goes with the territory It will be over with soon, and then you can feel better. Your baby will be well worth all this agony you are going through. Like Babygap said, maybe your labor will be fast and you won't have to wait too much longer. I wish you the best and hope that everything goes well for you. And do keep us posted on your progress...take care, and enjoy your time now....soon you will have a little one to watch after[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Babygap - that is one of my biggest fears - not knowing when to go to the hospital. There have been a few times that I was cramping so bad I wondered if I should go. So far they have been nothing, but I just don't know what to expect. Everyone keeps telling me I will know, but then you hear stories about people that didn't know and I get scared. It's really hard, but I am trying to quit worrying about "when" and just keep myself busy. Otherwise these last days are going to take forever. It hard to keep busy when you don't have any energy though!

Well, I am still here too. Today is my due date. I went to the doctor yesterday and my baby is -4 station which means she is still pretty high. But I know that which each pregnancy the baby tends to drop when labor starts. Madison did that! I am 1cm dilated. Cervix is favorable...but they wont do anything yet. I dont have a history of being "overdue" so hopefully I will go on my own in the next few days. If I havent gone on my own by next Wednesday, July 12th they will schedule me for an induction which I dont want.

I have been crampy for the past day. I have been having irregular contractions thatare getting uncomfortable but they kind of wax and wane. Nothing regular!

I feel pretty good considering I am 40 weeks pregnant. I am uncomfortable, have trouble sleeping, pee all the time (the doctor said her head is on my baldder) I have been up cleaning today and really trying to keep myself occupied. I lost 4 lbs in one week! They said that is a great sign that labor is coming!! I have gained 29 lbs this pregnancy which is GOOD for me.

Sillygirl, I still get reflux too. Not as bad as it was but I still do. I take 2 Zantac when I start eating dinner and it helps A LOT! I am sorry you are so uncomfortable. It will be over soon. I know it seems like eternity.

I hate to bend over to pick anything up. My BACK is what bothers me the most I guess. I cant complain. My energy level is pretty good!!Edited by: madisonsmom

Thanks for the update Madisonsmom!! I wish you luck!! Keep us posted!
    <a href=\"

I have been away for a while and I just checked in so I could see how you two were doing. I hate this, but I must admit that staying away from here has helped me a lot, but I miss all of you.

I cannot believe that it is already time for you guys to have those babies, but I do remember when you both found out and I have so loved being part of your pregnancies. My son is now 4 and I am too old to have more, so, I have somewhat relived it with you guys.

Sillygirl... I know how awful it is at the end when you feel so full and dead tired, but you will get the energy to have that baby. I was about to be induced on Thursday night and I actually went into labor on my own 2 hours before I was supposed to be at the hospital. I was totally effaced and his head was engaged for over 1 month, so my last month was very uncomfortable. I was at work, and went to the bathroom and I had a little blood when I wiped off and then the pain got a little worse, so we went to the hospital and within 5 hours he was born. Enjoy the last few nights with no worry about being woken up. You may not be sleeping, but the scream in the middle of the night is eniough to make the hair on the back of your neck stand up.

Madisonsmom...You know the routine since you have done it, but you must be so excited too. I swelled up too, but I lost a lot of that right before labor also.

I can't wait to hear great news from you both. I check the site daily now, for you guys and I am keeping my fingers crossed for you both to have them soon and easily and as pain free as possible.

I am also glad that I can come on here and have happy news with you guys instead of topics that send me into a panic!!!
    TRY to live each day like it were your last

gubba - I don't really come here much either. I mainly just come in to check up on everyone, but I tend to stay away from posts that could make me worse. I have been doing a lot better emet wise, but I'm not sure if it is because I am so distracted between the baby and our new house or if it is just because it's summer now or what. Lately I have had heartburn so bad that I would normally be panicking like crazy, but for some reason it just doesn't bother me (in a n emet sense).

I am feeling a little better this afternoon although still really tired. I am forcing myself not to take a nap though so hopefully I will be able to sleep well tonight. Only one more day of work until the weekend and then I can recover a little bit. I really don't feel like she plans on coming out anytime soon, but I hope I am wrong.

I am kind of scared to be induced because I have heard of women that were induced but their bodies just didn't cooperate and they had to have a c-section. That is what I am most afraid of at this point - having a c-section. Besides, we are closing on our house 4 days after I am supposed to be induced and then moving right away so I would much prefer to have had the baby early and had a little time to recover. I guess there's not much I can do though - it's not really up to me. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Glad to hear from both of you...I have been wondering as well!! I hope you both are able to go soon! I am 23 weeks and I sure ache with back pains. I can't imagine what it will be like when I am that far along....guess I shouldn't complain because it doesn't compare to how you two are feeling...keep us updated.

Amber

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysamber
    Glad to hear from both of you...I have been wondering as well!! I hope you both are able to go soon! I am 23 weeks and I sure ache with back pains. I can't imagine what it will be like when I am that far along....guess I shouldn't complain because it doesn't compare to how you two are feeling...keep us updated.

Amber

I had really bad back pains around 23 weeks too, but they have since gone away. I will get back aches during contractions, but it's not a day-to-day thing like it used to be. I guess my back just got used to carrying a bunch of extra weight in the front. I am finding my feet and legs hurt a lot more now. It's like they can't hold my extra weight anymore. Plus the fact that they are so swollen. It amazing how much they have swelled in the past week or so. I hope it means I am getting close!Edited by: sillygirl

Sillygirl- I just moved in May. It really sucks to move and have everything in shambles when you are getting ready to deliver. I am still not completely unpacked.

It is all very stressful!!Edited by: madisonsmom

Forgot to add...

You ladies are so sweet! [img]smileys/smilies_46.gif[/img]

i am 22wks pregnant and also experiencing the back pains, however i think i am getting cankles and i am not to excited about that!! i notice my hands getting chubby too!! geez and i have 18wks to go...yikes!! i cant imagine what i am going to look like!! on a good note i am glad to hear the update on you two!! keep us informed unless of course you go into labor...then we will hear from you after!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] take care!! Edited by: loveable101
    ♥LIDIA&hearsts;

Madison's Mom and Sillygirl- I am wishing you both quick and safe deliveries! Keep posting on your progress.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Ditto to what Daffodil posted!
    \"This too shall pass\"

Debbie,

I hope everything goes well and that you go on your own and avoid the induction! I was induced all 3 times. . . .

Keep us updated!![img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Madisonsmom - We moved out of our old place and into my mom's when I was about 26 weeks. I happened to be on bedrest, so I pretty much got away without doing anything. We close at the end of the month, so if I have to wait to deliver until I am induced on the 24th, I will get out of moving once again. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] Actually, I really don't mind moving. I think it's kind of fun to start in a new place and rearrange things, etc. I may fel differently once I have a little baby around though! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

loveable101 - oh my gosh the cankles! I didn't have much swelling until my third trimester, but it seems like it gets worse now daily! I better deliver soon before my feet and ankles explode!

You girls are all so sweet! Really, it doesn't seem all that long ago that I was coming to you all for advice about morning sickness when I first found out and now it's almost over. I can't believe it!

Good luck ladies! My brother and his wife have a 5 month old and she is an absolute delight! It will be over before you know it and you'll feel so much better, except for waking up in the middle of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by tiffanator
    Good luck ladies! My brother and his wife have a 5 month old and she is an absolute delight! It will be over before you know it and you'll feel so much better, except for waking up in the middle of the night.

I don't sleep through the night now anyway because I am so uncomfortable, so I don't think that's going to be too much of a problem! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

I actually got more sleep AFTER Madison was born. I dont sleep through the night now either!

Just dropping by to wish you all the best, sillygirl and madisonsmom!
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

Good luck both of you!!

My latest "problem" is trying to figure out when the contractions are real and when they aren't. I have had a few instances when my stomach really starts contracting, but I don't know if it's just Braxton Hicks (I haven't really had them at all during my pregnancy) or if they are real. So far, they haven't ever been real because I sit and wait and they go away, but last night and this morning it has been a lot more painful. Let me clarify - it did stop while I was sleeping, it was just bad while my husband and I were at the movies and then it started again this morning. I'm not too sure what to think or when to call. Of course it's the weekend, so the only way to getchecked out is by going to the hospital. I guess I will give it a little while and see! TOday is the first time my stomach muscles have actually been sore from it!

Ok how are you both doing...wanting an update here!! I hope you both are doing well! Sillgirl how is the family? Is your sister better?

Amber

I hope things are going okay with both of you!! It is exciting because I remember when you got pregnant Sillygirl and MadisonsMom! Its neat in a way. I am sorry you are very uncomfortable right now, but it will be over and then you'll have a baby!

Are you guys at all afraid of labor/delivery and amount of pain? This scares me, or do you get to a point where you don't care or it just doesn't bother you anymore? Its great though that they have pain meds to really help with that stuff. Take care both of you!

Good luck! I also remember when you got pregnant...it's cool to be here so many months later, wishing you luck!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Update??? Ladies???
    <a href=\"

Galadriel ................ I cant speak for madisonsmom and sillygirl, but I know for me, I was jsut so ready to not be pregnant anymore, I was willing to accept some pain!!!! I think you just get to the point where you realize that you will have to endure some pain, but its a small amount of time in comparison to being pregnant and getting to see and raise your child.

Wouldnt it be cool if madisonsmom and sillygirl had their babies on the same day?!?!

I hope you ladies are doing well ............. looking forward to an update!!!!