Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi there,

I've been following this site for years but haven't really posted before. I've tried different treatments so far, CBT and hypnotherapy..i'm not sure if i just had crappy therapists and a crappy hynotherapist but couldn't get hypnotized and finding the "trigger" also didn't help. Anyway, through some good referrals i've been put in touch with a psychologist who runs the anxiety disorder clinic in my city and he said he would take me on but he uses exposure therapy. He said he has delt with this phobia very often and has cured many people and this is the only treatment that really works, but it could mean me having to..you know what...at the end. But he said by then i'd be okay with it, i was having anxiety and panic attacks just talking to him and thinking about it. Anyway, I'm just wondering are there other treatments that have worked for people or is this def the best one? The sessions are also hella expensive, $150 (and that's sliding scale) so this is a big decision to make! Sage, i've read many of your posts and it seems like you have a lot of suggestions/answers? I'd appreciate any help before i take this huge, stressful, nerve racking step!

thanks in advance! and sorry if this is something you have all answered over and over.

I just wanted to say that i just read ALL the posts and Sage, i'm sorry i hadn't read all the info before asking your advice on therapy techniques. You have pretty much answered my question i posed earlier.

thanks to all that have read this post!

hey spinner - thanks. Sorry, I've been away for a bit on holiday.

Where are you in Canada? If you're in the Vancouver area, you can come see me for free. Otherwise, there are lots of good therapists out there, and again I'm sure you've read this in my other info, but it's ridiculous to have to vomit at the end of treatment. Do carcinophobes have to get cancer at the end? Duh!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.