Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Milk products

(sorry if this is tmi) but every time i have anything dairy its giving me d*..apart from skimmed milk which i have in my tea and cereal, i don't have the half or full fat milk. The days when i don't have dairy and only the skimmed milk in my tea or cereal im fine, but if i eat yogurt (even though its cows milk in it), ice cream, cheese, margarine my stomach starts to get crampy and gives me d*, which then makes me dehydrated, so i've been drinking lots of water and sprite to keep me hydrated. Maybe my body is trying to get used to it again as i could have it before my eating got bad, or can you become intolerant to them all of a sudden if your body hasn't had them?.

Ruth -x-
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I don't know. I think if you are not used to dairy, it could upset your system. Can you ask your doctor? Maybe a lactase supplement would help. It's supposed to help you digest the proteins in dairy.

Thanks[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img], yeah maybe i should go and see him. Im going next week for a check up about my eating so i can tell him then, thanks for the advice, maybe in the mean time.. i should stay away from ice cream and anything dairy lol says someone who wouldn't eat ice cream a few weeks ago lol. Thanks for advice[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

Ruth -x-
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I know that the older I get the worse mine gets. I turned 30 in June. I had a hot cocoa todau that was made with milk. I told my friends that I would be paying for it later. But so far I am good. I think it is becuase I had a full tummy and did not eat the dairy on an empty one. Usually I get bad D* and cold sweats and stomach cramps and nausea but nothing yet. I hope I did not talk too soon!

And you're not lactose intolerant? Because with lactose intolerant people, they have large amounts (or sometimes small, for that matter) and it upsets their digestive system.

Or, you could be an odd ball like me whenever I have a glass of milk, or anything heavily dairy concentrated, my stomach gets very ... edgy.

Ask your doctor about it on your checkup. Then get back to us!

L xo

Hey everyone,

Taffy I also get that sort of feeling after drinking hot chocolate orif I eat anything too creamy(ie carbonara pasta sauce) -I getexactly the same symptoms.. coldsweats, extreme abdominal cramping and bad, sudden D*. The N* lasts for about 10 mins afterwards too.. its horrible I hate it.. the cramps are sometimes enough to double me up!

Sunshine Ialso can't drink afull glass of milk.. makes me feel very N* indeed!

Ruth, I reckon you should maybe go easy on the dairy if its not making you feel well.. maybe introduce it slowly to begin with, by continuing on the skimmed milk only.. and then try to progress with one dairy product at a time, instead of like ice-cream AND Yoghurt AND cheese etc. See how that goes.. It is possible that you have built up an intolerance to it though.. but that can be over-ridden by slowly re-introducing it to your diet.

Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

Hey thanks for replying. Im not lactose intolarant as far as i know of, i used to be fine with margarine, but i stopped eating it for a few months and didn't have anything apart from the skimmed milk, so it could just be my body isn't used to it, thanks for the idea's. I had another yogurt the other day and it happend again, my stomach became crampy and it upset my stomach, i have to go back to the doctors this week about my weight, so im going to ask him then[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]. Thanks for the replies.

Ruth -x-

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!