Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Mum emet??

Its looks like im not alone in the family with emet. I always knew my mum didn't like v*, but i can see now when she feels n* from being tired she starts to have panic attacks and sits there shaking in fear of v*. She has a phobia of seeing other people v*, i didn't relise how bad her fear was getting, maybe both of us should go to therapy together?.
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think my mother has a slight case of emet herself, although she would never admit it. I think this had something to do with my fear, she was always freaking out and very upset if I was s* when I was little. I'm grown now, and haven't lived at home in 14 years, but I still carry that fear of disappointing someone by being ill. I bet many of us have emet family members........

BandNerd

BandNerd

My granny was always upset when people around her were v*ing but she would always v* herself when it happened which seems more of a squeamish thing than an emet thing? She died when I was quite little so I never really had a chance to ask.

I am the only member of my family with emet. I know it's because I had whooping cough as a baby and v*d every day for about a year. (Though that doesn't explain myphobia of other people v*ing) Nobody else in my family has a phobia about anything! I don't know why I struck it so unlucky.

yep...im the only one in the family...or atleast that i know of...it would be nice to be able to think i inherited it from someone else but i guess im on my own with this one!! [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]
    ♥LIDIA&hearsts;

Im the only one in my family. Honestly,...I had never met anyone with this until I found this site. I had heard that Matt Lauer had this but I never dreamed that anyone had this the WAY I do. I may not have any family members to share this with but,....Im glad I found this site. You guys are family,....smiling.

Samantha

I'm also the only emetophobe in the family. Which is very hard because nobody really ever understands how I feel and I know they get tired of my constant worrying and fears. Luckily I'm not the only one in this family! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]I still think it would be fun if all of us lived in the same town!
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm the only emet in my family too... my dad gets very upset and constantly questions anyone in the family when they get sick, but then he says my fear is "stupid" and the only reason he worries is because he had pnemonia as a kid and if he gets sick he always gets it worse than anyone else... I would really like to know another emet in person.

I'm the only one in my family with emet, but my dad has had anxiety disorders in the past, like he was deathly afraid of needles. I dont know what that's called...he started to get over it a couple of years ago when he had to give himself shots.

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!