Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

ok.... guys....

im ill.... and i KNOW by the end of this day... im gnna have to have been sick and got rid of some of this phloegm... its inevitable...

but guys... u knoww the part of my phobia is i HAVE to always be in control? well, i need a way to get rid of this phloegm NOW... whilst i feel in control....

anyone got ne ideas before i start to get really panicky?

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ok don't panic, how are you ill? Because if it's just a cold you're not likely to be sick. It's not inevitable, it never is. Try have a dranamine or something. And eat something that's easy to digest like bread. Drink lots and lots of water, because that always helps. And call someone and talk to them, or watch tv. Don't worry, you'll be fine.

Hey Jenneh!

Im sorry your feelin real cruddy. I agree try eating bread, that can kinda absorb stuff in your stomach, and make sure you blow your nose and spit out the (sorry to sound gross) phlem so that your not swallowing it and adding to it. It'll come out the other way, so just let it go thro your system, and spit the stuff out so that it doesnt add to it. Hope you feel better soon!

Hey Jenneh,

Can you eventually do other things to get the control over the situation? For example, choose the time when you want to v*. I know it sounds really icky, but i think when you once say "Ok i have to get over it now", then it will come up faster. So, choose the time, when you want to v*, go to the bathroom and just "let it come". .... I think youre really brave for accepting the whole situation. I dont know if i could do that. Get well soon!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

hey guys.. thanks for all ur support and help....

iv changed my mind, cause i spoke to a few people who have had colds lke i have .. ( a clogged up throat feeling where its hard to swallow) and they sed they werent all sick from it...

its just back in yr 7, i WAS sick from this feeling.. but i suppose it fdoesnt necessarily mean i wil be this time.

galadriel, what u said about it "coming out the other end" is so true.. i hope and pray evrytime im ill that that wil happen to me instead of v*ing! lol

thanks agen peeps... i hvent been sick yet, incase u hvent already gathered, lol. but.. even if im not, i know tht next time i actually AM gnna be sick, i can handle it!

Jen xxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

MSN:

I have got a really sore thraot and I woke up in the earl hours of sunday morning and was sure I was going to be sick to get rid of some phlegm but I stayed calm because I knew I would not be violently sick like with a bug. And I sat up and waited for it to happen. But it didn't. My stomach must be even stronger than I thought it was. Hope youbyou feel better really soon.
    Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.

too get up the yack steam it out by putting ur head over hot water and plus a splash of albus oil in it...good luck!! i have been the same, i was sick, in the middle of the street...i didnt even feel it coming but it was actually funny, it totally shocked me...me and my boyfriend just stared at each other horrified then just started laughing! im sure u will b fine

miss: does the hot water thing... increase or decrease ur chances of being sick?

Jen xxxx

MSN:

In my experience I've never related colds and v*.

Sometimes when a cold is coming on I feel grotty, nauseous and headachey with a sore throat, but the nausea isn't "you're gonna be sick" kind of nausea...more a sign that I've got a virus and my appetite goes. When the head cold starts to come out (i.e the sneezing and runny nose appear) then I usually get my appetite back with no taste.

Phlegm in your throat is totally unrelated to your stomach and so you won't be sick. Even swallowing it won't make you sick either. It's just a bit yukky to swallow if you can't get it out by coughing or blowing your nose!

When I've been properly bunged up and my sinuses are bad I put my head over a bowl of hot water and breathe in olbas oils. That won't make you sick at all, just a bit hot if you don't come up for air every so often!

The best thing to do is try not to worry about it. You won't be sick, so just find some cold remedies and hopefully it will pass soon.

graphiv

it makes the phlegm come up easier which means u will get rid of the cold quicker and wont get 2 a sick stage...so if u take coughin phlegm up as being sick (i do as it makes me gag and i am usually sick with the phlegm) then yes, otherwise no lol

Awww, I hope you are feeling better!! Is it just the phlegm or do you have the flu or something? This is kinda gross, but during the night it drains, so you might cough a little in the morning but then it could be gone. If you're worried about the coughing making you gag, you could try a cough syrup maybe. Feel better soooon!
    No life is wasted; the only time we waste is the time we spend thinking we are alone.

heya guys. thanks for the advice.

miss: my mother used to do that all the time, i dont think i want to do it personally, if it makes u end up actually being sick... altho was exactly what i was lookin for as a piece of advice! so thankyou there! lol

bt today, i have got a bit of a nasty cough. its not troublesome, but a bit kinda chesty. i dont mind them as long as its not a tickely cough tht can make u feel awful and gaggy...

hopefully iv escaped the need to cough up this phlegm... who knows though. its not the flu, i dont think. just quite a bad cold. worst one iv had in a while anyway!

Jen xxxxxxxxxxx

MSN:

Glad you are feeling a little better Jenneh. Trust me - you do not have flu - if you did, you would be in bed and completely unable to use a computer! Once you've had real flu, you never confuse a bad cold with it again!

Steam therapyWILL NOTmake you sick - it helps to loosen themucous in your sinuses and make you feel less congested and more comfortable. It's my favourite cold remedy (doesn't make it better, just more bearable) - put some hot water in a bowl (add Olbas oil or Vicks vapour rub if you like the smell), cover your head and the bowl with a towel and enjoy! After a few minutes, your nose will feel less bunged up. Its also good for easing a cough, especially if you have a cold as the cough can often be worse because of the drainage from the back of your nose.

Best wishes, Jill xxx