does anybody here suffer from depression? i feel like lately i might be and it scares me to death because i'm only 18. i broke up with my boyfriend of three years not long ago, but i think i'm over it so i can't see being depressed about that. i'm having a lot of issues with my friends, which is tearing me up inside because i have had a same group of friends since i was 12, and i just feel like they're isolating me, never calling or inviting me anywhere, and i've tried talking to them about it a million times and it gets me no where. i literally never leave my house because i have nothing to do. i've never done anything to hurt any of them so there isn't even a reason for them ditching me, they've even said so themselves. i'm still enjoying things, and laughing and i'm still motivated to go to work and do other things i know i need to do, i just feel so down about life. am i too young for medication? my parents don't want me to take anything, they think this is just a phase and i'll grow out of it when things get better with my friends, but i just don't see things getting better anytime soon. this has been going on for 7 months now and it only seems to be getting worse. any alternative solutions to depression? any advice will help, i'm hurting right now [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]