Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Without going into stories (unless you want me to) I've kinda got a smallish link from my emetophobia to eating, particulalry in a Chinese Buffet All you can eat type place we often go to. Basically I dunno whether it was anxiety or whatnot, but the last few times we have gone, I've had a weird swallowing problem (probably due to stress because of A Level exams and whatnot) and found it really hard to swallow.

It's been getting a lot better recently, as long as I have some water to hand, I tend not to worry.

Anyway, since my sister and mother are in england right now, my father decided to take me and my brother out for this chinese meal and whatnot.

Ok, fair enough, I feel somewhat hungry. But as we get there and I get my first plate, I think "oh god, that swallowing problem again ._." I have (i suppose what you could call) some mini-panic attacks. I keep the water close by, because I've got it into my head now that I need water when I'm eating to wash things down.

Anyway, I was kinda thinking "oh god, I'm not gonna finish this second plate" but I thought "ok, I'll take my time, keep going" (keeping my eyes on the toilet in the distance as we emets do).

And even though it was a slow progress, I pretty much finished everything on the second plate, and had a bowl of lychees in Chinese Strawberry juice afterwards, hehe. ^_^ Considering that's the first time I've managed to do that kinda thing, I figure it's somewhat of a progress.Edited by: xexxhoshi

I figure it's somewhat of a progress.

I agree! And I have a similar problem combining my love ofchinese food and the stress of eating out. When you say swallowing problem, is it kind of like you try to swallow but it doesn't work properly and the food sort of sticks? Because I get that sometimes. I do think exam stress could have something to do with it, but then I'm still on my GCSEs. I'm assuming it gets worse.

Anything that you overcome that you were previously having difficulty with is a triumph, small or not. congrats
    Taking a sabbatical from IES, moving on, and making concrete changes to live my life without fear.
    Friends know where to reach me.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

well done

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.