Without going into stories (unless you want me to) I've kinda got a smallish link from my emetophobia to eating, particulalry in a Chinese Buffet All you can eat type place we often go to. Basically I dunno whether it was anxiety or whatnot, but the last few times we have gone, I've had a weird swallowing problem (probably due to stress because of A Level exams and whatnot) and found it really hard to swallow.

It's been getting a lot better recently, as long as I have some water to hand, I tend not to worry.

Anyway, since my sister and mother are in england right now, my father decided to take me and my brother out for this chinese meal and whatnot.

Ok, fair enough, I feel somewhat hungry. But as we get there and I get my first plate, I think "oh god, that swallowing problem again ._." I have (i suppose what you could call) some mini-panic attacks. I keep the water close by, because I've got it into my head now that I need water when I'm eating to wash things down.

Anyway, I was kinda thinking "oh god, I'm not gonna finish this second plate" but I thought "ok, I'll take my time, keep going" (keeping my eyes on the toilet in the distance as we emets do).

And even though it was a slow progress, I pretty much finished everything on the second plate, and had a bowl of lychees in Chinese Strawberry juice afterwards, hehe. ^_^ Considering that's the first time I've managed to do that kinda thing, I figure it's somewhat of a progress.Edited by: xexxhoshi