Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

A year ago I started exposure therapy with my therapist via still pictures of people v*. The first time I tried to look at a picture, I cried in my therapist's office for an hour just because he was holding the picture face down ( I couldn't even see it). Last week, I looked at the worst possible pictures from ratemyvomit.com and didn't even bat an eyelash. My anxiety level was at 0! I only felt disgust!

In 2 weeks time, I am starting the second level of my hierarchy: motion clips. We are going to start with movies, and then move on to real videos. It's going to take a LONG time, but one day I'll be here telling all of you that I watch videos with no anxiety and that I am moving on to my next level.

I never thought I would be ready and wlling to do this, but I am. I'm working on beating this thing. I'm working on being free from fear.

Hurray for me!

happyteacherEdited by: happyteacher

hehehe [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Sounds like you're improving greatly! From trouble with one picture to ratemyvomit.com, I would call that a mile of improvement. With luck you'll be rid of this horrible phobia soon.

well done !!! i look at those pictures on that site every day not nice i know

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ah good for you. That is really great! I hope all continues to go well and you contiune to progress.

Amber

omg yuck i just had to go and visit ratemyvomit.com after seeing it mentioned here and grosssss i really wish i hadnt now.

congrats on your progress!!
    Angles