Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hey there.

I decided to finally research my phobia that I've been dealing with for over ten years now, and the Wikipedia trail led here. I have to say, it's really interesting seeing actual faces of people who suffer from the same thing I do. There are germ-phobics everywhere, but I've never really met a true emetophobic, or at least one that would admit it.

Anyway, I'm a 20 year old college student from Oregon. From reading the FAQ and a lot of the posts here, it looks like I experience the same old symptoms everyone does. I think my phobia might have started when I nearly choked to death on hard candy when I was five or six years old. Ironically, it was v* that saved my life there. Somehow, that developed into a conscious fear. Funny how the brain works sometimes.

Just thought I'd introduce myself. hopefully this is the right section to post in.

Hi Sirus! Welcome to our large but incredibly supportive family! As you know, you are sooo not alone!

I just love wikipedia, don't you? You can look up anything on there lol!

*~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi, welcome! ^^ This is a great, very supportive site! glad you found it I'm living in WA, moving for college in fall to a college that is actually pretty close to the Oregon border! Oregon's a nice state

Welcome Sirius! I'm glad you've found us, feel free to post!

P.S. just a side note, i also choked on hard candy when i was little! Although i didnt' v*, i managed to swallow it. [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]But, my phobia also started around that time, when i was three or four.

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

welcome

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Welcome![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Welcome...I am sure you will find this site very comforting and helpful. I am 21 years old and live in Idaho so not to far away.

Amber

Welcome, from Scotland. Emets are everywhere!

yeah same thing. i choked on those red and white candys..trying to
    make myself cough it up, ended up making me vomit.

im here to talk.

Welcome to you from Oklahoma!!! I hope you find all the support you
    need here....I know you will! This is a great site and I'm glad you
    found it!

Hi Sirius. I am Cath and I am thirtynine years old. And i am now too posting for the first time as an emet of twentyseven years, although i believe i've been this way all of mylife. I am truly sorry that you had such a terrifying experience at such a young age. I can relate to the choking experience; ihadabout threeof those incidences as an older child: two with steak and one with a long onion ring ,all of which i had pulled out myself with my fingers although without vomiting. I remember thinkingi was going to die if i diden't do something about it myself and quik. My first experience was at four years old. I hid under a table with my hands to my ears as my grandmother,who wasslowly dieing of a cerebral hemorage,violently vomited over and over for hours and at one point fell off her sick bed into it.It seems that my parents who were tending to her had forgotten me under that table. I have always thought that i was unique toemet and after researching it so many years later i have found out it's name and that i amthankfully not alone. sorry for such a long post but i wanted to give a little background of myself and say welcome.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]