Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

OK, so my sister got married on June 30th (same day my uncle had the heart attack), and my daughter went to the wedding in PA, I didn't go, for a few reasons. Well, since I didn't go, I was looking forward to seeing the nice pics, OK? No. Here's the deal: I guess the latest thing is to pay some guy a buttload of $$$ to take very amateur-looking photos of the most important day of your life, put them on a tacky website, and charge people per picture that they like after they select them and"add to cart"! I may be being old-fashioned here, but this is ridiculous! Whatever happened to actual PROFESSIONAL pictures being taken and sent out to close friends and family?!? So, I anticipated going to this wwebsite, until I got there. I had to put in a password given to me, sign an electronic guestbook, and look at some dumb pics. well, there were a couple of them I liked of my daaughter and family (about 10 out of the 300), so I ADDED TO CART (jeez). So, I go to VIEW MY CART and, la-la-la, look at the cost of each pic. AAHHHH!!!! The smallest size (4 x 6), was $14.10 !!! Fourteen freaking dollars PER pic! If I wanted a 5 x 7 size, it was $23.50! If I decided to order one in black & white, they were nice enough to charge me $5.00 x-tra per pic! S**t! So, when did looking at family wedding pics become so impersonal and expensive??

Thanks guys for reading----had to rant!!!!Edited by: californiagirl
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Ahhh.. This is exactly why I don't shoot weddings any more. You would be suprised at what brides actually want these days. This sounds much more convenient for the newlyweds-no leg work on their end, no money spent, no sending photos out or having to decide what to give who. And yes... It's tacky. Not to mention, wedding photograhers are still paid a lot of money and the services they are offering no longer justify the pricing. Don't get me wrong, they should be paid well because their job is important, it's just that things are changing and it's becoming all cheap and instant.

As for the pricing of the photos, all I can imagine is that maybe the photographer's cost to do the job was very low and this is how they make their money. All I know is that I work in a pro lab (I print wedding photo's every freaking day), and a 4x6 only costs this company .18, a 5x7, around .60.. To make it b&w? Push a button, it still costs .60. Put those on retail and the 4x6 is still only .59 and the 5x7 2.99, so that is a hell of a profit her photograher is making off of her friends and family. Tacky.

I hope this is not like the latest thing in wedding photography. Yuk. I can totally understand why you are annoyed by the situation.

\"This too shall pass\"

I had another response typed and the I got booted, ughhhhh!!!! I hate dial-up internet!!!!

I think that is very impersonal and tacky thing to do with wedding photos, especially to your own family. Someone is gonna make a big profit if lots of ppl buy pictures. Mine werent done by a professional-professional, but they were given to me and my husband as a wedding gift. A good friend of ours took them. I just about fell on the floor when I saw the price list for one of my friends wedding photographer ............. it was $3000.00!!!! That was eight yrs ago, I cant imagine what it is now!!!!

OMG! No, you're not overreacting! I guess I am old fashioned too. Geez!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by SimplyMe
    OMG! No, you're not overreacting! I guess I am old fashioned too. Geez!

I'm with Simply!! I don't think you are overreacting at all!!! I've always pictured wedding photos to be elegant and professionally taken with those fancy poses....and you get the picture lol--it's supposed to be the most important day of your life!!! You want to have nice pictures to look back and remember it by! I guess I'm old-fashioned too, which isn't a bad thing! Sometimes being traditional can be a breath of fresh air in my opinon!Edited by: NCsmile6
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks guys--now I know I'm not alone here and I'm not crazy[img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]!!

Yeh, it's very impersonal, and just like my materialistic sister to do something like this!

So, now I can't have te pics that I wanted. There's no way in hell I'm paying $140.00 for 10 photos! Now I'm upset at my sis for this.

SHIVA~~regarding the footwork on the part of the married couple--that's supposed to be the fun part. I loved separating my wedding pics and sending them out to familly and friends with little notes written on the back of them. Wow! What you said about the cost to print them makes alot of sense--I had a feeling it didn't cost them so much $$ to print them, and the fact that they're charging so much is ridiculous! Like you said, pretty tacky--ugh!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Hi there, I have shot a few weddings, and I agree that those prices are insane. We have packages that we offer to the bride and groom that include the entire wedding and a certain number of photos of different sizes depending on the package. Any other photos they want or family wants are ordered seperately, but our prices are MUCH lower than what you were quoted. When we were working up our prices for people we were amazed at what other photographers were charging and how much profit they were making. Needless to say, we don't charge as much as other photographers.
    Tiffanator

thats insane!!! does your sister have anything to say about this?
    ~*~ all is fair in love and war ~*~

Quote Originally Posted by hayleyw

I talked to my other sis, who feels the same way I do. I haven't talked to the sis who just got married though. I don't know what I'll say to her, because if I saay it the wrong way, allll hell breaks loose. I don't wanna deal with her, ya know? But, if I feel that I have the right opportunity, I will probablly say something. This is the same girl who spent $800.00 on her wedding cake alone! They went into credit card debt for this wedding, and I feel that paying a photographer almost $2,000 for a bunch of s**tty pics is ridiculous. But, I usually don't offer my opinions or advice unlless I'm asked for them, so who knows? I will be telling her though, that I didn't buy any pics, so we'll see what she says about that. Ugh!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

OMG! Do you ever watch Bridezillas? When you mentioned going into debt it reminded me of that show. Since finances can be such a problem for a marriage who in their right mind would go in IN DEBT and in debt over the wedding? Sorry ... kinda off topic I know but good grief!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by californiagirl

Quote Originally Posted by hayleyw

I talked to my other sis, who feels the same way I do. I haven't talked to the sis who just got married though. I don't know what I'll say to her, because if I saay it the wrong way, allll hell breaks loose. I don't wanna deal with her, ya know? But, if I feel that I have the right opportunity, I will probablly say something. This is the same girl who spent $800.00 on her wedding cake alone! They went into credit card debt for this wedding, and I feel that paying a photographer almost $2,000 for a bunch of s**tty pics is ridiculous. But, I usually don't offer my opinions or advice unlless I'm asked for them, so who knows? I will be telling her though, that I didn't buy any pics, so we'll see what she says about that. Ugh!

I can't imagine what she must've paid for her wedding dress! [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I don't think it's that unreasonable for photos to be placed on a website so people can choose and order the ones they want. That is what we are planning to do for our wedding- especially since we guestimate that 300+ people will be there, and even just sending out pictures to close family members would be an extraexpense on our tight budget (big, BIG family- not to mention the 8 bridesmaids and 8 groomsmen). People will be free to shot as many pictures as they want with their own cameras- but if they want one of the formal shots, they will be asked to order them (for a reasonable price).

What is unreasonable, in my opinion, is the cost. The crappiness of the pictures is neither here nor there- the bride would likely have not known what they would have looked like beforehand. However, she would have known when booking the photographer how much ordered prints would cost for family members. To me, that is what is unreasonable, especially since the photogs will be making a massive profit.

*amber*

Edited by: crimgoddess

Quote Originally Posted by crimgoddess

What is unreasonable, in my opinion, is the cost. The crappiness of the pictures is neither here nor there- the bride would likely have not known what they would have looked like beforehand. However, she would have known when booking the photographer how much ordered prints would cost for family members. To me, that is what is unreasonable, especially since the photogs will be making a massive profit.

*amber*

I wouldn't mind ordering some (if that's the ONLY way I'll get some) if they were about the same price they'd be in the store (about 29 to 35 centsa photo), but $14.00 dollars for a 4x6?? Hell no. Then, if we wanted to jump up to a standard size of 5x7, they were....get this.....$23.99 per pic!!!!! These pics were nowhere near being professional looking either. Yeh, you're right, she HAD to know beforehand how much they'd be for people to buy them, which also pisses me off. I'll just keep my mouth shut though and not have any pics.
    ~*~Charlene~*~