Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I finally ate my first mcdonalds in nearly 2 years! how can something unhealthy if eaten everyday for breakfast, lunch and dinner, taste so nice lol. I sat reading more recovery stories about eating disorders this morning, it made me cry to see what it does to people, this is my 11th day of recovering now. I ate a cheese burger happy meal, with a strawberry milkshake, a few weeks ago i couldn't eat anything but toast and i wouldn't let anyone see or be with me while i ate, i sat and spoke to my mum the whole time, i could also see i had made my mum happy aswell, she started crying and said how happy she was to see me eat again, so i think thats a triumph. Thanks to all the people who have helped me on this site aswell, peoples support has helped so much!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] at the moment my stomach feels rather un easy, but i knew it would, it has to get used to it, so i have my sprite to sip and my pc to keep me busy and take it off my mind. I got a free little toy dog with my happy meal, which im going to keep forever as its my recovery dog lol im going to keep it with me whereever i go, to know that you can get through things, theres hope and my life dosn't have to be controlled by a voice telling me im not aloud to eat. Sorry for the ramble..i shall now go lol[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

Ruth -x-

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WOW, Ruth, well done - you should be hugely proud of yourself - we all know how big a step this is for you - but it is sooooo positive! You are really brave for tackling this head on, I really hope it's making you feel better about yourself generally too - cos you should! Glad your mum's being supportive, it must be a great comfort to know she's with you all the way.

Congratulations RUTH!!!! Way to GO!!!! You have so much to feel good about. You accomplished something that was such a triumph for you. Keep it up Ruth. I hope you enjoy everything you eat!!
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

CONGRATULATIONS!! I knew that you could do it. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]Keep going!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Hey, thanks!!, thanks for all the support and kind words. I wanted to see how my body would react to it, sorry if this is tmi, i've found my stomach may need to get used to the fat, as it has given me rather an upset stomach, but i know its because of that, so im calm at the moment about it, i've been drinking lots of fluids to, to keep me hydrated, so im just going to have some plain toast or some plain rice for my dinner later on so it dosn't irritate it to much. Thanks for all the support![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] Next food to try soon is spag bowl lol.

Ruth -x-

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

Congrats Ruth! It's so great to see you being so positive about what you eat, no matter how unhealthy it might be or how your stomach is reacting to it!! The main thing is that you're persevering, and every step you take is one step closer to feeling better again.

Keep up the good work - you've inspired me to go and get a cheeseburger now, mmm! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

congratulations ruth!! that is so good to hear, you should be so proud of yourself! i'm glad you have your mom for support too. i definitely think you're on the path to success with this! keep eating! you made me want mcdonalds now and i haven't eaten it in years!! hehe
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

well done !!! we are all so very proud of you

Wahey! Every update from you seems to be better than the last, I can't believe how well you're doing with this!

Well done, Ruth! You are doing a great job, and I'm so proud of you![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Hey, thank you so much!![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img], i forgot how nice it tasted lol. Awww thank you so much for the kind words and support, it really does help. I went out and got my mum a box of chocolates to say thank you to her also for being there with me. Thank you all for the months of support andadvice also you have been giving me. I know im not yet fully recovered, but im on the path and want to live my life and not let it be ruled by some stupid voice in my head.

Ruth -x-

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

pfft, Burger King is better than McDonalds. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Nonetheless, good work! It may not seem like much to the average observer, but you know you've done brilliantly well deep down inside. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

SPAG BOL IS MY FAAAAAAAAAAAAAV!

(And yes i'm eating disordered also)

BUT ITS ... omg... the best. You'll enjoy it.
    *nods*

Jen x

Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

oh and by the way: your stomach will settle down after a few weeks of "normal eating". its uncomfortable i know. i bloat considerably. but still i go back to eating disorderedly so i have to go thru the whole re-nutritioning myself bit again.

god that sentence made no sense but its late im tired and im off out tomorrow (shock horror). indeed.

take care xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

Thanks for the replies. Yeah my mum asked the doctor at the hospital and he said if i don't carry on eating the things that don't agreee with me, im never going to get used to them, so i should eat them in small portions, then take paracetemol (sp) and go through it, my body will soon adjust to having them..so bring on the pizza lol..

Ruth -x-
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

You are so brave. I will look to you as my inspiration to start eating properly again after I was ill on Thursday.
    Friday I had 2 Rich Tea Biscuits (I thought that was really brave of me!)
    Saturday I had 5 Rich Tea biscuits and a small piece f fish
    Today I have had 2 rich tea biscuits and a bit of turkey. I am hoping to eat some vegetables later to0.

Well done ruth! I hope your bravery rubs off on me.
    Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.

Awww im sorry you were ill. I hope that you start eating again too, thank you for the reply and kind words. Yeah its best to start off lightly and work up, i used to eat rich tea biscuits, then i moved onto digestives when i started to increase more, the best things to start with are cold foods, like toast, banana's, rice, pasta and maybe some cereal when you feel like it, i hope your doing ok. Take care.

Ruth -x-
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

The problem is I am 16 weeks pregnant and being made to feel like a really bad person because i can't eat (think of the baby, etc). They are forgetting that my worst nightmare as good as came true.

Awww im sorry, yeah it can be hard to eat sometimes, is it because you feel n* you don't eat??. If i get really bad i take a stemetil tablet as i found they stopped me v* when i was in hospital and i couldn't keep anything down, but i try not to take them unless i feel really like im going to v*, i used to have maxalon syrup which i found helpfull to, but it didn't agree with me to well, i think you can have that one while your pregnant, i hope you feel better soon, try and eat small amounts, things like crakers and toast, that are easy to digest.

Ruth -x-
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

Is stemetil good? I am taking maxolon now but its not working very good.

Yeah stemetil i find help me, i took them once when i v* and didn't v* again, i've also taken them when i felt very n* and after half an hour to an hour i feel fine. You would have to ask your doctor about if there safe for you to take. The maxolon never helped with my n*, it stopped me acctuly v* though. I hope you find something that workd for you, but yeah stemetil worked for me, this woman who had the winter v* virus in hospital next door to me v* and they gave her an injection of it and she stopped v* and managed to eat her dinner, so they must work preety well lol. Take care.

Ruth -x-
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!