Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Should i go..

I know this may sound silly because i think i do need to go get it checked out. Today i tried to go out on my bike for the first time since i've had more enrgy, but i don't think i was ready and my legs gave way and i fell off my bike (must have looked a right dumb idiot lol), but i hurt my arm and the elbow area is swallon and it looks as if somethings sticking out. It could just be swallon and bruised, my bones are preety weak from having the eating disorder. I can move my arm so i don't think its broken, its just painfull when i use it. My mum said i should go get it x-rayed but im scared of a&e one because of emet and also i had a bad experiecne of an overdose and i remember going in there and they just scare me, is it often you see people going into a&e from v*..?

Ruth -x-
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

x-rays don't do anything to your stomach at all, so i think that you would be fine with x-rays. I have had dozens! As to whether you should go or not...I would. I waited once, and it turned out that i had fractured my wrist. However, if you really dont want to go you could wait a day or so, but if it gets worse then you really should go. Better safe than sorry!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

You should do your best to get it checked out. It's possible you have a hairline fracture. You've accomplished so much, you ate at McDonald's which is something you hadn't done in a long time. You are strong, you will be fine. Go to the doctor. You can do it.
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

Hey thanks[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img], i've put ice on it, and im going to see how it goes. If its still swallon i think i might have to go down the hospital in the morning and go get it seen to.

Ruth -x-

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

Hey..

How is your arm looking/feeling today? If there is still something 'sticking out' then you should get it checked. What colour is the bit sticking out? Is it skin or bone? Sorry thats a bit gory heh. The X-ray area may have a different waiting room to the A&E and you may be able to avoid the main A&E area for a long period of time. It may be quieter during the day too, so best to go around mid morning when most peeps are at work (unless they are ill I guess.. doh!) To avoid that, couldn't you go to the docs instead and get it checked out, then if THEY think its serious, they will tell you to go to A&E?

Let us know how you get on!

Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

Hey Ruth!

You are doing so well! I am sorry you hurt your arm, but you are accomplishing so much. I would get it checked out to be safe, x-rays don't hurt at all. At least then you'll be assured if its okay or not. Going in the morning is a good idea, and possibly go to your family doc? That wouldn't be as intimidating as a hospital. I hope it goes okay!

Hey thanks for the replies. Well my arm is just very bruised lol, its still a bit swallon, but they said i've pulled the muscle and bruised the bone, just won't be wanting to go back on bike for a while lol.

Ruth -x-
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

Hi Ruth. Sorry to hear about your arm, but glad there's nothing broken. The last time I went on a bike I was pretty pathetic. I almost lived on my bike as a youngster but when I tried after a ten year break of not riding I only managed to go down the lane, then my legs felt like lead! To think of all the miles I used to ride for and then here I was only managing a few hundred yards, lol!

Anyway just to say, like the others have said, you are doing absolutely brilliantly, so don't let this little incident dent your confidence at all. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Awww lol, yeah when you havn't been on a bike for so long it feels weird, i used to go on it everyday like bmxing, and theres those stunt pegs at the back which went into me when i fell off, but i was just more worried about someone seeing me lol. Thank you[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img], im going to try swimming as it might be a little better and will gradully build my muscle back up.

Ruth -x-
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

I am so sorry that you hurt yourself but hey how is one to know without trying and WOOT you tried and that in the end is all that matters. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    Swimming would be a WONDERFUL way to slowly build your muscles back up it is not hard on your body at all because the resistance is low. Once you are super comfortable in the water again a water aerobics class (at any community pool) would be fun and productive.Check out the teachers and the program they do firstthough as some are for muscle toning and some are for weightloss and some are cardio.
    Walks are great too through the park, to the store, around the block. Start small and work up to hiking.
    Keep up the great work. Im glad to hear it wasn't a break[img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Iagree swimming and walking are two of the best excercises! I walk for miles with our dog and love it!

- Japanese proverb

Hey thanks, yeah swimming and walking seem like a better way to build up muscle to start with as my body isn't strong enough to do a lot of sports yet, i tried running the other day as i was late for meeting someone, when i tried i found that muscle's in my leg gave way and i fell over, it sounds silly i know, but its becoming rather worrying now, that i can't even run anymore. I ate my first real dinner apart from the mcdonalds i had, i had some chicken and chips, then an ice cream! lol, i think today my stomach felt the effects of it all, i just keep getting an upset stomach, but i think that could also be all the stress in my house, i don't know if anyone else gets this but when you keep crying and have arguments and things,you get that upset it makes your stomach feel a little off?? as i found that was when my ibs started a while back from the stress in the family. Im going back to my doctor tomorrow to have a chat with him about it, i took some paracetamol for the pain which seemed to help a bit. Thanks for the replies[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

Ruth -x-
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

Yeah I get that if I cry and get upset - my stomach is badly effected. You are doing great though, Ruth, just keep taking one day at a time, slowly building up your food intake and doing gentle excercises. Don't push yourself too hard and quickly. Glad you are going to see your doctor - I'm sure it will help. Keep your chin up [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

- Japanese proverb

Hey thank you[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img], i spoke to the doctor, they were saying about in an eating disorder unit they would start to make you eat 3000/4000 calories a day, so he wants me to have supplement drinks inbetween, isn't 3000/4000 a bit to much afteronly eat about 400/600 a day lol. Thanks for the reply and support[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img].

Ruth -x-
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

I really don't know about the 3000/4000 calories being too much, all I wouldsay isit must be ok if the professionals advise it. What I would do is try the drink supplements in between your meals, see how you feel - if it's only a little discomfort persevere with it. If having the drinks as well as your meals is causing you a lot of problems get back in touch with your doctor and see what he says. It may be that just having half the drink supplement would be better if you are feeling too full and bloated etc.

Hope this helps, hon! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

- Japanese proverb

Hey thanks for the advice, i will try that and see how it goes[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img], i'll put some in the fridge and have one mid morning, one mid afternoon, 2 of them will give me 600 calories a day, so if i can get it up to 3 that would be 900 cals which would be good[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]. Thanks again for the help!!

Ruth -x-
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

im glad to hear that you are in better spirits...sorry i am a little behind in the situation but it sounds like it is better under control!! best of luck!
    ♥LIDIA&hearsts;

Hey, thank you, its been 3 weeks now i think of eating, everyday i've made sure i've had something for breakfast, lunch and dinner, which was better from before waiting untill 3.30pm everyday to eat, i really don't know how i coped with 4 rich tea biscuits a day, the thought of doing that again churns my stomach, it just proves when you eat your bain will soon start to work again. Thanks for the support[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

Ruth -x-

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!