Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Okay, for the past 3 or 4 weeks I've been having this crazy pain in my tooth. I can't even describe it. I can't go to the dentist right now, and I don't have any orajel with me. It hurts soooooooooooooooooo bad. What can I do?

You can take a Tylenol, or what used to work real good for me--I know this will taste awful, but chew an Excedrin (the white pill) on the sore tooth. I have the same problem, but can't get into the dentist until august 1st!! Hopefully this will work for you, I know how miserable a toothache can be. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]Edited by: californiagirl
    ~*~Charlene~*~

One of the best over-the-counter painkillers for toothache is ibuprofen, it's what my dentist always advises to take. I sympathise, I've had really bad toothache a few times as I've had absesses, the pain drove me mad. I always seem to need an emergency dental appointment at bank holidays or on Sundays too. [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

You could also try either heat or a cold pack on the outside of your mouth - see if either helps. Oil of clove is usedfor dental pain too. Hope you can get it sorted soon!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

yikes! Toothaches are the worst other than you know what! When I get toothaches I take Ibuprofen. But one just doesnt do it. I take a few and it works pretty well.
    *Mandi*

If you don't have any of the fancy Super extra mega stregth Tylenol (Acetometophin) or ibuprofen (AKA advil, motrin). You can take one of each. They are both from different families. The ibuprofin will help reduce the swelling and pressure that is causing the tooth the ache and the Tylenon will ease the pain. Rinse your mouth with salt water and add your orajel the the effected area.
    A warm water bottle on the cheek can help too.

My husband had a BAD tooth (needed a root canal) and he had to wait till we had the time and money to get him in there. I had him do that combo and he was able to rest up at night finally.

Best of luck hun. A bad tooth is a horrible thing to have to live with.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.