Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: COKE BLAK

Ok, so I've been dying to try the new coca cola on the market, called Coke Blak. It is coke with coffee in it. I don't care too much for coke, but the coffee part intrigued me. Well, I tried it, and it made me n*. I was close to v* when was driving, and sooooooooo didn't wanna have to do the pull-over thing! I chewed a Rolaids and struck up nonsense conversaation w/my daughter to take my mind off of it. Then I aate something salty to get rid of the lasting taste in my mouth! EWWW. Has anyone tried it? Is anyone curious about it? This may not happen to everyone, but I just thought I'd issue a warning.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I haven't tried it nor heard of it. I guess I'm out of the loop!Does coffee usually give you nausea? It used to give me nausea until I got to college...now I can't imagine life without Starbucks! LOL! Maybe the combination wasn't too good? I guess not all flavors/drinks are compatible!Thanks for the warning though!

I hope you're feeling better now! What a bad experience!
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks NEHA, yeh,, I feel MUCH better, once I ate something salty. It is a new product, so maybe it isn't sold everywhere yet. Well, coffee doesn't give me n*, but coke sometimes gives me a stomach ache. I should've known better, but I was so curious. Needless to say, I will not be buying any more. AAhhhh!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">

Yeah, I usually just drink canada Dry seltzer because i crave the carbonation for some reason;but i have occasionally gone for a cola type beverage. And one day a few months ago i tried Cola Blak. I diden't feel sick but i did notice its strange taste and how it did nothing for my desire for a good carbonated drink. I guess the company really got this one wrong!</BLOCKQUOTE>

CATH~~

Yeh, I don't think this flavor will last long--eeww!!Edited by: californiagirl
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Wow.. I've never heard of it. Glad you were able to overcome the nausea. (pulling over in the car is one of my WORST fears dealing with this phobia). I had to laugh about you starting up the nonsense conversation with your daughter. I do the same thing when I am in situations like these.
    \"This too shall pass\"

I am from Nashville and while downtown I saw thise HUGE bilboard for it. It make my stomach hurt just thinking about it! Maybe they are getting ahrd core for new products. I guess Pepsi will have one soon.

CALIFORNIAGIRL-did it taste like coffee? Or more like coke? Was it fizzy coffee? Was it really sweet?

Never heard of it, but come on.. mixing Coke with coffee? That is just nasty. I like the taste of Coke, and I like coffee, but mixing the two together.. well, I like chocolate and cheese, but not together. Soda companies are going too far to find a new flavor... first it was Vanilla Coke, then Black Cherry Vanilla Coke, now Coke Blak... ick. What's next.. Jalapeno Coke?

Good to hear you overcame your nausea, I too fear having to pull the car over, and when I'm driving I'm looking for a place I could pull over and hide if I feel the need to. I'm even worse if someone is in the car with me or if I'm not the one driving.
    Tiffanator

About the making nonsense conversation--I do that ALL the time, as a forms of distraction! I do it almost as if it can get rid of the nausea! I think it's interesting how we all use that as a sort of defense mechanism! I've been doing it ever since I was a little girl!! I once remembering asking my mom who delivers the mailman's mail and all these other nonsensical questions about mail, which I really have no interest in, but I knew would distract mewhen I felt really sick. Unfortunately that night, I did get sick, but the distraction did help a bit. Sometimes nonsense conversation really helps!
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I tried this type of coke, (it's called something different in england but I forget its name) and found it very sickly too.
    Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.

Note to Coca Cola, don't try something like this again! LOL! What happened to just regular coke?

*~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!

I am glad you posted this because we have had it here in Chicago for awhile and I have been dying to try it out of curiosity, but have been afraid that it would make me feel sick because of all that caffeine! I guess I will stay away from it then, unless my curiosity gets the better of me!

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

I can't live without Coke! It is my most favourite thing in the world! How could they do something like that to it. Yuck! [img]smileys/smilies_18.gif[/img] Who were the ad wizards that came up with that campaign?Edited by: happyteacher

I'm one of the one's who never heard of it either. That sounds like a lot of caffiene lol. I'm glad you're OK and if I ever see it I will avoid it like the plague! I'm supposed to be cutting out caffiene anyhow so ...
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

The only new coke Flavor I drink is Black Cherry Vanilla coke, I don't drink coffee so I probably wouldn't like coke blak either. The last time I had Coffee (In 12th grade) it made me so nauseous that I haven't drank it since. Everyone in my family thinks I'm weird but I can't stand it, I prefer to get my caffiene from coke. I've never even heard of Coca Cola Blak but I won't be trying it anytime soon.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Quote Originally Posted by taffy

CALIFORNIAGIRL-did it taste like coffee? Or more like coke? Was it fizzy coffee? Was it really sweet?

Yeh, it was pretty sweet--too sweet. Have you ever had coke-flavored items, like lipgloss or something? It was like drinking that! It did have a strong coffee flavor, but the mixture is just too strong. ICKY!

SHIVA and NEHA~~

Yeh, it's funny how talking to someone distracts us! I let my daughter listen to her radio station in the car and was talking to her about the bands and musci, which I hate, so I was pretty desperate!![img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

~*~Charlene~*~

I can't drink coffee or Diet Coke, it makes me really N*. The most I can do is have small sips of Coke and I never drink coffee!! Not even Decaff!

A cup of coffee or a whole glass of Diet/low cal Coke will make me really N*. I'm not so bad with tea but I can only sip it.

I am like you guys with the distractions thing. My boyfriend and I have an understanding that on car trips, I have to drive. It completely makes my nervousness go away if I am in control. We are in college, and there are lots of impromptu car trip opportunities, when we are invited to go somewhere with a group of people, he usually takes care of the arrangements with them without embarrassing me and it means so much to me. It helps a lot to have someone that understands me.

Claire
    The sun never sets on a badass...

thanks for posting this! I heard about it, and wanted to try it... maybe I still will... but I'll make sure to not drink too much at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by confusedgirl

thanks for posting this! I heard about it, and wanted to try it... maybe I still will... but I'll make sure to not drink too much at one time.

Yeh, my advice is, don't down it too fast, and drink it really cold. It takes some getting used to. Let me know what you think of it...........
    ~*~Charlene~*~

[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]Hi CALIFORNIAGIRL [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I haven't been ignoring ur myspace email, it's my stupid account which wont let me sign in, I'll reply as soon as possible [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

(just thought I'd let you know, hopefully you'll get this here as it was your post!)

Love Amy xXxXxXx

Quote Originally Posted by *amy*

[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]Hi CALIFORNIAGIRL [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I haven't been ignoring ur myspace email, it's my stupid account which wont let me sign in, I'll reply as soon as possible [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

(just thought I'd let you know, hopefully you'll get this here as it was your post!)

Love Amy xXxXxXx

hI--

I've also been having trouble with my myspace account, so don't worry, I understand. i wonder if that site is getting too busy now and technical problems are happening because of it?
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Man....finally found it....

....and it ROCKS!!!! Just picked some up this morning at a corner store when I was buying bus tickets, and it is the perfect symbiosis of two of my favourite things- carbonated soda and coffee. And only 45 calories a bottle.

Where was this during the summer when it was too warm to drink coffee and I was cravingit like a drug addict craves their next hit?

*amber*

Actually, I like the stuff. It's a little weird at first...But it's kind of yummy. The low calorie thing got me, too!

So we have it in Canada? I'm gonna look for it. I love Coke and coffee, so it sounds like it's right up my alley. I will drink it slow though, just in case...[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Its funny because I saw a sign for it and was like...that seems
    bad...but I dont drink coffee of soda...so caffine is bad for me...i
    wouldn't want to try it...but i can imagine it would taste
    ucky...hopefully no one mixes it wil rum to make rum, coke and
    coffee...seems like a very bad idea!
    I love Sam

Well i'm in the UK too but haven't come across it yet - the newest one we have here is Coke Zero - the one that tastes just like regular coke, but with NO sugar or sweeteners - much better than diet coke, I love it!

I'm a bit hesitant on the coffee and coke thing - is it coffee with milk or just black coffee that they've mixed it with? Or just coffee powder? I have never been fond of mixing milk products with fizz - its like a coke float or soda float - soda with ice cream on top - EEEUUGHHHH!!!!!! So bad for my stomach![img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

There doesn't seem to be any dairy in it- it looks like regular coke, but has a coffee aftertaste. They probably use a synthetic syrup to mimic the coffee taste.

...although now I want to mix mine with vanilla ice cream.

*amber*