Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

so i'm beginning to freak out. i've had stomach problems for the past 3 days. for the most part it just felt like severe gas and a burning acid-like feeling but than last night it turned into nausea. obviously i freaked out and took an anti-emet and luckilly fell asleep hoping to wake up better this morning. well it turns out i can't eat anything, my stomach is bloated beyond imagination and to top things off, i just took a gas-x to try and see if that would help the gassy feeling and it gave me the sh*ts. now on top of feeling like hell, every so often i get these d* attacks and i'm totally flipping out. do you think this could be nerves or do you think i have some type of virus? and if it is a virus, WHEN IS IT GONNA GO AWAY! i'm going out of my mind. i'm terrified to eatbecause it makes me nauseas and i'm terrified to drink because even THAT makes me feel really sick. any advice would be great. thanks everyone.

ick, I don't know what it could be! That sucks. I have been feeling crappy the last three days too. Not quite as severe as that, but I've had a gassy gurgly tummy, mild nausea and a migraine for three days. I've even had two panic attacks in the last week - I haven't had a migraine OR a panic attack in almost a year!!! There's nothing worse than going to bed feeling crappy and then waking up STILL feeling crappy. I feel for ya and hope you feel better soon.[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

Heck, I've got no idea what's going on, but I've been the same these past few days....can't be anything related, I'm over 3000 miles away, but it sounds so similar. I've felt real n* for the past week, no d* as such, but sloppy (know what i mean, sorry if TMI!). Can't eat or drink much, I hate it, I want to feel normal again.

you been stressed more than normal? Sleeping less? Doesn't sound like a bug but I know how horrible you must feel.

Could it be IBS? Sv*s don't usually drag on like this - they come on quickly and usually severely. I hope you feel better soon.

I know how you feel. It could be a virus or it could something else. My stomach has been bad since the begining of this year and i dont even remember what "normal" was like. I get nasuea everyday at some point and my stomach seems to always be gassy. Ive been having about 5 panic attacks a weak. Im about to go out of my mind. So remember others are going through the same things with you. If that helps at all i dont know. Its true though. Why cant we just get sick like everyone else and be happy?

Oh My gosh I posted the same sort of post on MOnday - (called GRRR What is wrong with me??) I felt SO crappy for the whole of the past weekend - Friday to Monday. Gassy, my abdomen felt uncomfortable, bloated and irritated, I kept getting a nauseous feeling rising up my chest, then I would eat and it would go away for a bit, then come back. I felt shaky and weak in the mornings too. I didn't know what it was, and now for the past two days i've had really really bad indigestion/constant burps and gas. I don't get it??? Whats going on ???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

thank you all. apparently i'm not the only one that feels like this! what a horrible feeling though, i mean i thought that summer meant i didn't have to worry about my stomach as much but jeeze, its been 3 days of hell. maybe it has to do with the heat or maybe its just all in our heads? i really don't know anymore. hopefully i'm going to the doctors tomorrow so i can explain to them whats going on and maybe they can give me an answer. i will keepyou posted and let you know in case it may be the same thing happening to you! thanks again for your responses.

~lauren

I hope it goes away, Lauren! I don't think its an sv*, not at all. The only advice I can give is to get yourself to relax, and see if that helps at all. A few weeks ago, I suffered from d*, bloating, that sort of thingfor about 3 weeks, it was awful!! I was under loads of stress, but as soon as I stopped worrying, viola! It just dissappeared. Maybe this is connected with your nerves? Try noting when you get the d* attacks...maybe it's times when you are anxious?

The best thing is to get some sort of medication to help it ease up a bit, if things don't change. Let us know how you go!
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

not drinkng will make you feel worse .... you need to take small sips

Just noticed how so many of us have felt so ill at the same time,....for several days. I posted something on Monday as well about being ill and having panic attacks,....its Friday and Im still queasy....strange,..

Samantha

yea i find it quite odd that so many of us have hadsuch similar symptoms right around the same time. today is day 4 and i'm still all gassy and just not normal. i do have a doctors appointment at 11:30 which hopefully i will be able to make. i need to find out what's going on and how long it's going to last. i know they'll just pass it off as a sv* because they don't ever get too personal and start asking about stress related issues, but i really have a feeling that what i have might be associated with nerves. even if i do have a touch of some type of v*, i think my nerves are multiplying my symptoms. hopefully they will be able to give me something so that i can function normally again because mypoor 2 year old has had to deal with me just laying around the house for the past few days. i will keep you updated on my condition and what the doc says. hopefully you all feel better yourselves! this is very odd?!

so i went to the doctor and she said that its probably just a sv*. PROBABLY, ok i don't take that diagnosis lightly. she said there was a v* going around that lasts 5-7 days and some people just get the d* and some people get the nausea and v*. well perfect because i had a little bit of d* but i also felt nauseaus off and on and its my 4th day. i really REALLY hope i don't v*. i'm so scared now. she didn't even give me anything for it except some acid reducer in case it was my nerves that were producing all the gas. so needless to say i'm gonna be out of my mind until this goes away and i really hope it goes away soon. i can't handle this anymore, i don't want to feel this way.

Lauren

So sorry you're still feeling lousy. If it IS a sv*, I really think you would have v* several days ago if you were going to. Try to relax and take it easy until this nasty thing goes away...

thank you marby.. i really hope you're right.