Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Just curious.

How manyof you have tried the Exposure Therapy Link?

I only just have started it.

So how many of you have tried it? What level have you come so far? Do you find it helpful?Edited by: moviegirl

I'm slowly working on it! How are you doing with it?
    \"This too shall pass\"

Hi Shiva.

Yeah, I'm working on it. I've only came up to level 10 so far. I think I'll just stop there for a moment. I'm getting a bit anxious. I think I will practise up to level 10 before going up to 11.

Whew!

[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Ya - make sure you STOP as soon as you get even the least bit anxious. Then continue to stare at that picture until you are 100% calm. Bored, in fact. Wait until the next day and click that level again - double-check that it still bores you. Then and only then should you proceed to the next level. Going up to levels just to prove something to yourself won't help you. In fact, it could make you worse.

(These are more general comments, not just for you two) Good luck with it!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.