Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

My endocrinologist is suggesting a 6 month regimen of Lupron shots to try to supress my endometriosis. There is SO much negative information out there about this drug and its' side effects. I'm really afraid to go through with these shots. Has anyone out there had this drug or know someone who has?

Thanks!

Sorry Marby, I haven't taken it before. Everyone reacts differently to medication, are their any other alternative medications you could take instead?
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

nope haven't had to take them but i do have a friend with this phobia that has endometriosis and has undergone many different treatments and i believe some type of shot was one of them. she never complained of any nausea or anything like that, i'm not positive it was the same thing but it was FOR the same thing so it very well could have been. and trust me EVERY last medication in the world has nausea and v* as a possible side effect. i don't really think there are any without them. it just depends on how it reacts with your body. if you haven't had a problem with any medication in the past, this should not really affect you. but on the other hand if you are sensitive to a lot of medicines, than you might have a higher chance of feeling some side effects. hopefully everything works out for you though. best of luck to you.

I was on a 6 month course of Lupron about 6 years ago. I didn't have any GI side effects... just hot flashes and trouble sleeping. However, I will say that my symptoms (stage IV endo since age 13) really only improved while I was on the drug, and they came back relatively soon after I stopped it. What eventually worked for me to suppress my symptoms (of endo) was eliminating foods from my diet that are treated with hormones or chemicals -which basically means all commercially raised meat/dairy products. I try to stay as organic as I can, and I eat a vegetarian diet that's also low on processed foods. It's amazing how much it has helped. Your mileage may vary - but good luck!