Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Oh help!

OK. I think I am sick! I have been doing so well lately. Here is what happened. My mom had me accompany her to my cousins wedding reception. I was very hungry and I had not eaten all day. There was food there so I ate it. I did not want to but I was starving. This was at about 6pm. Now my stomach is gurgling and I think I have heart burn. I have never had heart burn. It is 1230am right now.My hands are shaking because I am scared I will get sick. I took a pill and I am having ginger tea for reinforcements. Why is it when we take one step forward, we take 50 steps back? I gues I will be back to peanut butter and jam sandwiches. I tried to convince myself that is I was not going to take a pill, that I was going to let whatever happen, happen. But I chickened out. Oh you h=guys are great to be there for people when they are ill. How do I know if I have heartburn? I guess I will look it up. Has anyone else ever had heartburn?

Hi~~ I get heartburn alot, from anything from chocolate to red pasta sauce! WhenI have it, my chest stings a little, and I have acid reflux, sometimes so bad it makes me cough. SometimesI feel a littlle n*, but not usually. If I take 2 Rolaids, it usually subsides within about 2 minutes, completely. I swear, one of these days, I'm gonna turn into a giant Rolaid, I take so many of them! My guess is, is that either you ate something that didn't agree with you, or you worried yourself into thinking that since you ate something you didn't wanna eat, it made you sick. Our minds are extremely powerful, especially an emet mind.

I hope you feel better soon, and I doubt you'll be sick.Edited by: californiagirl
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I have had heartburn and it almost feels like a chest pain. mine was right under my breast and it also made me feel nauseated. another time I had it felt like my stomach was burning. I don't know if that was heartburn though my mom said it was. if you have zantac, tums, prevacid or any antacid take it and it will go away asap

Yeah I get heart burn alot lately, I've had a few cases of it but it wasn'tbig cases and now it's pretty big stronger, I'm nervous person and I'm sure many of you are, I think it's all anxiety, and my stomache gurls alot too, when I'm nervous or even sometimes when I'm not nervous as a matter of fact it's gurling right now, people have to understand that not only do you have bad anxiety but it also brings it's friendsalong which isside effects not only do you have anxiety you also have those physical symptoms, it's hard to deal with but once you know it's only anxiety it gets better mine has. Emets are terrified of food just like you, they say Omg this doesn't look cooked enough and then you end up eatting it and after you regret it, and then you say I think I'm sick cause that food didn't look to cooked and then the imagination kicks in and then symptoms like stomache problems. You have to realize it's an on going cycle and everything you feel sick or wahtever you always think this is it I'm sick this the real thing over and over again but you swear your really sick, Don't let your mind play games on you. take care

how are you feeling now?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well, it is 1:45pm Sunday afternoon. I feel better! I think I did have heart burn. Thank you guys for your kind words. It helps alot to to have support there especially when your hubby is away on business. You guys are life savers! I rode my motorcycle this morning and I was fine. So now I am going to go to work (I work at the Post Office). Thanks again for being there!

Glad you're better Taffy!