i recently heard that some u.s. cities are banning pitbulls. a girl that i graduated with moved to san diego and says that it's very possible that they're going to start banning pitbulls there soon. basically if you own or rent property, you cannot own a pitbull. people are selling their houses and moving orliving out of theircars in order to keep their dogs.these cities keep them in shelters away from the public and eventually put them to sleep. this girl sent me a petition that's been going around her neighborhood and it made me cry. my nextdoor neighbors have a pitbull, and they don't pay much attention to him which is usually what leads to dogs being violent and dangerous, but he's still a nice dog. my mom also said that when my parents bought our house, the insurance companies asked if we had a dog because the insurance is higher if you own a pitbull! are they really that terrible? can't all dogs, any breed, be tempremental and dangerous? i don't know, i think this is so wrong. it's like taking a family member away. i can't imagine what i'd do if somebody knocked on my door and said they were taking my dog and putting her to sleep. just curious as to what everybody else thinks about this.