Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me please

I posted the other day about sufering from pregnancy related nausea but on the I went to just lie on my bed and read, just to relax a bit and was doing ok then I heaved. This happened to me every hour for about 10 minutes at a time from 8.15pm - 11.30. I felt ill that day but no worse than I had during this heat. It was very sudden. This was the first time I had even come close to v* during the pregnancy and I was terrified. Yesterday we called my GP as I was in such a state. The midwife came round and said she thinks it must be a bug as it is very late on for pregnancy sickness to get bad and my doctor has advised me to take 5mg of maxonlon 3 times a day rather than take it just when I need it. I feel like I am in a nightmare as what if it is the pregnancy. It could strike me at any time. I just want to die and I can't cope. What do you think - a bug or the baby? I just want people's opinions. I have been taken the tablets for 2 3 days now but still feel sick although my anxiety is very high at the moment.
    Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.

You do not have fevers or chills or anything? Maybe it is the sudden surge of hormones from the pregnancy. My friend is 7 month pregnant and she was never sick and she is getting bouts of nausea when she eats. I hope it goes away for you. Keep us posted!

No fever, chills or d*. I was heaving and I felt very bloated. The midwife said it was almost unheard of to go from being a bit queasy to violently retching at 16 weeks so I don't know what to think.

I wouldn't say that, my friend and I were pregnant at the same time last year, and she didn't get morning sickness until 14 weeks and then she was sick quite a bit for a couple of months, so it could be pregnancy related!! Have you been eating? because when i was pregnant and got an empty stomach, I would heave, too!!

How are you feeling now?
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

Like I want to die. I had eaten fine that day. I have been wearing the seabands reliously since I was 5 weeks gone. It is a nightmare and I want out.

Is it possible it's food poisoning?
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

Don't think so and I had no d* or proper v* so that makes me think its unlikely. I think it was a bug or pregnanct related.

i got sixkness with my son after about 10-11 weeks and got worse til about 6 months ...

You still feeling bad? Ah I am so sorry..I know how difficult it is. I do know for a fact that horrible anxiety will make everything so much worse. I still struggle with that at 25 weeks...it could very well be the pregnancy...every women is so different in how it effects them.. I sure hope you get to feeling better soon. When you say you heaved does that mean nothing came out?

Amber

Quote Originally Posted by Hale

No fever, chills or d*. I was heaving and I felt very bloated. The midwife said it was almost unheard of to go from being a bit queasy to violently retching at 16 weeks so I don't know what to think.

This seems kind of strange to me, and with all due respect to your midwife, somewhat inaccurate. When your pregnant, your senses aand hormones are unpredictable. It's not set in stone that you can't be sick at 16 weeks. So many things can trigger sickness in a pregnant woman. It seems, by what your describing, that something set you off, made you feel bad. In my opinion, I don't think it sounds like a bug. One thing I found helpful when I was pregnant, was that I would eat what sounded good to me, even if it wwas just 1 or 2 things. I would eat mashed potatoes 3 times a day if it made me feel good. I say just eat and surround yourself with food, smells,, and sights that you feel comfortable with for now. I do hope you feel better soon!!!! Just think, all of yhis will be worth it when you meet your baby face to face!![img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I still don't know what to think. Will probably never know. But the midwife and doctor have never heard of anyone starting to get morning sickness at that stage and neither have I. Think I may have had a bug because of the bloatd feeling and the fact it came on so suddenly like it did to the people at school but will never know for sure. Just don't want it to happen again.

Hi Hale! Are you better now?

hope ur feeling better

Maybe it's the heat? Did you get overheated or dehydrated?

Just a thought... hope you are feeling better!

I had the gaggy feelings the WHOLE pregnancy!

TAFFY~~~

That is the coolest-looking avatar I've ever seen!! Very nice [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Thanks for the messages, I am not doing good at all. I have spent the whole day in tears. I don't think these anti-emetics suit me so I did some research on the net and many people feel the same and get prescribed something else. I rang the doctors to explain the situation and he was horrible to me. He said I had to come off the tablets and he couldn't prescrib anything else and when I explained about the feeling sick and gaggy feeling he said 'well you will feel like that, its part of being pregnant', I said I couldn't cope with feeling that way and that he wasn't listening to me and he said 'You are not listening to me. It will go in a couple of months anyway'. That proved my point that he wasnt listening as I am over 4 months now. In the end I was crying so much I had to put the phone down. I have been at my parents all day as I am scared of being alone and swung between being hysterical and feeling like I could sleep for england. Noone will help me and I can't carry on like this. I really don't know what to do.

Oh Hale you poor honey - I have no idea what you can and can't take while preg. but have you tried Motilium? Or making sure you eat little and often, eg dry crackers or something easy to eat?

It's just too awful about your doctor. Can you ask to see a different doctor or maybe a practice nurse? You shouldn't have to put up with this attitude! Or speak to a pharmacist - you can get various anti-emets OTC eg Sealegs, Buccastem, antihistamines, but, like I say, I don't know what's safe for you to take.

Ginger tea or a warm lemon & honey drink might help too... You need to try and keep your blood sugar steady. I really hope your mum & dad are looking after you... sending healing wishes...

Thank you Moonshadow. Your message makes me feel a bit better. My Dad and husband have been great and my mum tries but she makes me feel bad about making a fuss sometimes although I realise it must be very difficult for her to see me like this. I am seeing the midwife on Friday so will speak to her if I can just get thfrough the night and tomorrow. Thanks again.

aww hun

i felt like that when i was pg ... i was prescribed something during my pg with my last that was very good .. i'll find the name for you ...

make sure you mention it to your midwife ....

but in the meantime ....

gingle ale is meant to be good ... i also used sea bands

you could also pop into the health food store and ask them as they sell all sorts of things

i also found polo's helped and so did lemonade flavored ice lollys

lemonade is good too i find 7up works better for me but give it a ago .. i do promise you it will ease soon i was the same with my son although it feel likes its going on forever ... but if at any point you feel you cant take any more please ring the midwife that is what they are there for to look after you and the baby !!!

feel free to email or im me if you need to talk xxx

Thanks so much moonshadow and jodi054. You have made me feel like there are options to help me feel bad and I feel a bit more positive today.

[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Hi Hale, I, too, think it is probably from pregnancy. Once I felt nauseous all day and I was lying down and just turned on my side and it happened so quickly, right in bed !!! I was a wreck. So it definitely can happen and you are only 16 weeks. Try to talk to your doc again and make him understand your fear. Also try not to let yourself get too hungry. That was my problem. Eat whatever you want that is comforting for you. Take care!!!!!h</font>

Had a better day today and have popped into work as the kids break up today and wanted to see them and 3 of them have been off with a bug so that pretty much convinces me that is what I had. There symptoms were the same - sudden onset with no temperature.
    The doctor/midwife wanted to admit me to hospital but I begged them not to and told them for now I think the best thing would be to give me another anti-emetic and hurry up my CPN referral which they have done. I am going to try not to take the tablets though I don't know how I will manage without the piece of mind.

well that is good to hear that you had a better day...i am almost 25 wks and i still get it once and a while...ive been trying to be strong and not think about it...i have been taking an anti emet pill once and a while or only when necessary and it does seem to help!! i hope and wish you for better days to come!! Edited by: loveable101
    &hearts;LIDIA&hearsts;

im glad your feeling better .... there is alot of it going around as my daughter had it from school this week and has been off ill from school all week with it but she did have a temp .. but im glad your having a better day !!!

Thanks. Jodi, I hope your daughter is feeling better.

Hale,

Everything will be okay. I think it is pregnancy related. I know people who started with morning sickness late in their pregnancies. I often get a gaggy type of feeling when my anxiety is very high. Remember, gagging DOES NOT mean you will v*, in fact, it often makes me feel better and brings the attack back down. I find that an ice cold glass of water helps stop the gagging. Try drinking it in littel sips.

PM me if you need to talk.

happyteacher

I came in to look up something on here and read a few posts, I havent been doing much reading on here, but as to your post I'm sorry you got sick. I wanted to tell you that 'morning' sickness unfortunately can come anytime. My neighbore had it from day 1 till the end. Smells, foods, anything can set it off. Unfortunately, just because they call it morning sickness, doesn't especially mean it will happen just in the morning or just in the first 3 months. If you don't have chills, aches, or d, I would say it must be your pregnancy, I hope and pray it doesn't happen again. How far along are you? Kim