Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi Sage,

I have always valued your opinions strongly and was wondering if you think emetophobia is best dealt with by a therapist, hypnotherpaist or a psychiatrist?

Thanks
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=BLUE>Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Carolinexx</font></font>

Just bumping this up a bit so that Sagewill seeit
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=BLUE>Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Carolinexx</font></font>

Hi Cwarren!

Sorry, I've been away for a while. If you go to the top of this treatments thread, there is a paper I wrote called "how to choose a professional" or something like that. It doesn't really matter about the person's qualifications - what works to heal is the "therapeutic relationship" between you and your therapist. So some psychiatrists are great (but in reality most of them these days just prescribe drugs and don't do any psychotherapy at all - you need to ask up front.) "Hypnotists" can be ok IF they do psychotherapy using other approaches besides just hypnotism. A few sessions of hypnotism won't do it if your symptoms are severe, but adding hypnotism into your treatment program may be helpful overall.

Good luck!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Thank you Sage, you've been very helpful as always! I will go and take a look at those threads now

Carolinexx</font></font>

need some advice for son, in very serious condition due to this phobia, anxiety, depression, ocd, unable to eat properly, may have to be admitted to hospital. Have booked for a human givens therapist to come to my house to help him, have I done the right thing, sheinsists she can help him. I am desperate.

ur son sounds lke me!

yes u did the right thing. i promise he shud be in safe hands.

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

Question for sage:

Could you please send me the email attachment on info for professionals. I would really like to read it. And thanks so much to you for replying back to me. I needed your words of wisdom. My email address is [email protected]. Thanks again!

Maryp

Jenneh

Thanks for your insight on the subject. I am just glad I finally found people to talk to who don't think I'm crazy and that know what I'm going through.

thanks, maryp