Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Help =(

ok so right now I feel really unwell, like im gona v*

It started with not being able to breathe properly about 20mins ago, I now feel dizzy and n*, I reallyu hate this because I cant seem to do anything to calm it down at the moment, ive walked around, ive tried to burp, ive tried to calm myself down!

Its really very hot here at the moment but thankfully I have a fan to cool me down a bit..

my ibs does feel as if it is off a bit tonight as well, but this n* feel just doesnt want to pass, ive tried to hold it off and forget, mostly distract myself but nothing is getting rid of it, so now, im a bit worked up, not hugely worked up just yet, but I can feel myself getting there..

Sorry for this post as it must seem like just a whine but I am really scared!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Violet... so sorry you are feeling bad, but you can beat this. Remember, as emets 90% of what we feel is created by anxiety. You just have to learn to control your mind and it will get better, it takes lots and lots of practice, but you are strong and you can conquer it.

Try this... sit down in a comfy chair and close your eyes. Now.. while breathing in slowly count to 4, as in slower than seconds. Hold that breath for a count of 2, and let out slowly as you count to 4 again, hold there for 2 and do it again. While you are doing this think only of your breathing and counting. What is happening is your body is hyperventilating and making you more anxious. When you breathe you may feel like you cant catch your breath, but just relax and think only of the count and your breathing. You may find at first you tend to speed up the counting, but don't do that.

It is natural to be scared, but you need to realise that you can overcome this. Everything you are feeling is anxiety, you have to know that. It can be controlled.

Tiffanator

Hey I really think this sounds like a panic attack. Mainly because of the not being able to breathe, i havnt heard of many bugs with this as a symptom. The heat is probably not helping either. Maybe you should try a cool bath. Have you taken an anti-emetic or something to calm your stomach? Just focus really hard on breathing slowly or watch some tv to take your mind off things. I really hope you feel better soon, i know its easy to say but try and keep calm.

xoxo

hey,

Thank you so much for your replys, it has calmed very slightly, so im sucking on a mint now..

I will try what you said the next time it hapens tiff, thank you..

I cant actually take anti emetics at the moment due to being on buscopan but it hasnt been doing to much to help recently so im stopping it from tomorrow, lest hope it doesnt get worse because of it

thankx again

xx

Oh it's def anxiety hun, alright since you feel your not breathing right which is due to anxiety causes any symtpoms if you have irregular breathing, first you do get dizzy since your breathing is not right your not getting a enough air which is a lack of oxygen to the brain, second the nausea is due to the dizziness and the panic, and the hot feeling you getting is due to the excitement when you have an panic attack you get all worried up like you've been running for miles, it will soon pass it's sounds exaclty like a panic attack to me I get the same things andI get a lump in my throat once your body does relaxs you'll be fine!

Hey how are you feeling today? Better I hope,

xx

hey guys,

thankx for your advice..

Im ok at the moment, but Im stopping my buscopan today, and im feeling the affects of it at the moment, really in alot of discomfot but it keeps making me feel n*

Plus I dont like how you cant take motilium with it, thats a bit unsetteling for me..

thank you again so much!

x