Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Migraines

On Friday night, I kept waking up and I could feel that I had a headache. I've never had a headache before while I slept. So on Saturday, it was still there, and I didn't really feel all that great. I was taking Advil Migrane, which didn't help. Then I took a Dimetapp to see if it was a sinus headache. It helped for a little, but it came right back. On Sunday it was worse and I felt terrible. Yesterday I went to a walk-in clinic, and the Dr. said it was a migraine!! He gave me migraine pills, but they didn't work either. Today, day 4,was so bad and I went to my husbands Dr. because my Dr. is so hard to get into see. He also said it was a migraine, and gave me other pills.

It is still here, and I'm wondering how long do these things last? I'm also afraid of getting another one and v*ing from it because that is common with these. It's not bad enough where I have to lay in a dark room, butI do have to keep still because it throbs so much. Anyone know anything about migraines? I really don't feel like googling it right now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

http://migrainesolutions.com/migrain...s/migraine_hea daches.html?Source=GOOG&Keyword=p

Maybe this link will help you some.

It said that a migrane can last from hours to 3 days.

I hope you feel better soon, I don';t get migranes, but have heard from my sister that they are unbearable. Best wishes for you to feel better soon!!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Aww, thanks so much Charlene, I gave it a quick look over, and I'm relieved that d* was a symptom, because I've had a little bit of it, and it was making me even more scared. Hehe, I feel like you just did my homework for me!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I will read more about them when I feel better.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oh, you're welcome--glad to help[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Kelleybean,

I'm sorry you have these too. I have suffered from almost exactly the kind of headache you're describing for many years. I am able to function with mine and go to work but it's so very frustrating to go to bed with the headache and wake up with them. Mine usually last for about three days and I will get them multiple times a month. I have never felt nauseas from them though - THANK GOD! My father used to get what I would call a "true migraine" and he would only feel better after he threw up. He would have to lay in a dark room. I remember being so scared when he would get one. I always wonder if they diagnosed me correctly since my headaches are nothing like my Dad's were but the only medicine that "sometimes" works for me is Imitrex and sometimes even it won't touch the headache. I hope you feel better and won't have them as often as I do.

Hi Dord, that's terrible what your dad went thru. I couldn't imagine having a headache that bad. So you get these headaches a few times a month? Wow, I don't know how you can do it. It's exhausting having a constant headache for days. I hope that doesn't happen to me!! TheDr gave me Maxalt, and it didn't help much.I am just starting to feel better today, I'm hoping it doesn't come back.