Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Do you worry about your pet v*ing?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Cat

11 8.87%
  • Yes, Dog

14 11.29%
  • Both

10 8.06%
  • Neither

89 71.77%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pets and V*ing

I have a cat and dog. When either one v*, I have to plug my ears and
    close my eyes. I panic, just a little, and try really hard to shoo them
    outside, but that usually doesn't work. I limit the amount and type of
    food they both eat to lessen the chance they do get sick. When my dog
    just coughs a little, I panic that he is going to v* and push him
    outside.

I was just curious if anybody else panics when their pets v*...or is it just me.

I have both and it doesn't both me one bit when they v*, I just get worried that something else is wrong with them. I would rather clean up v* from them then d* on the carpet. Sorry to be graphic.
    We have got to be able to laugh at ourselves about this!!

I worry VERY MUCH when Jessie (my dog) v*****, he once v****** in my lap in the car on the way to obedience school when he was just a puppy! That was just as horrible as it sounds--luckily I had a towel over my legs just in case he peed, but still! And he has done it several other times in front of me--once when I was home alone, and I was so scared that I just ran upstairs and hid and criedand left "it"(the v****)there--I know that's horrible! I was so scared though! I called my mom who was at the movies! And even my brother who couldn't do anything from 6 hours away! I always worry about Jessie because he eats all this junk and doesn't seem to care lol. And the thing is I am always so amazed at how he's able to bounce back after being sick! Almost as if nothing happened, while I'm still cowering in thecorner!

But even the slightest cough scares me, and when he burps, I freak out too! LOL! But I love the guy to death. I would rather clean up d* than v*, and I have told my mom that! I can do anything but clean up the v*!!

So you are not the only one!Edited by: NCsmile6
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It's nasty, but it doesn't bother me.
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

I can't stand watching it or hearing it, but I can clean it with minimal problems. I have cats, btw.

Considering my cat is constantly puking up hairballs, it no longer bothers me like it used to. I guess I am kinda used to it.
    \"This too shall pass\"

animal vomit is not typically something that makes me sick!! sometimes i gag...but thats it!!
    ♥LIDIA&hearsts;

for some reason i am ok with animal v*** its just human v*** i cant stand.. *shrugs* [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

I can't stand cleaning it up but it doesn't bother me terribly. I don't like the sound, and it grosses me out, but I'm not emetophobic in regards to pets. However...when 15 cats do it at the same time...that's ANOTHER story!!!!
    ~~~Carolyn~~~

As bad as my emet is, animal v* has never bothered me. In fact....

*GRAPHIC*

I used to have a Siamese cat who had a very delicate stomach. I was in bed one morning, just waking up, and she was lying beside me. She v*d in my face!!! And I was even able to joke about it!!

If a person did that to me, I would LITERALLY die!

I'm not too bad. I can usually clean up after my puppy...but cos I've heard somewhere you can catch some stuff from dogs...its rare and only certain things I still find myself worrying if she's properly ill.
    <font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"1\">Courage doesn’t always roar sometimes it’s the little voice at the end of the night saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow’</font></font></font>

Hey Dreamer I know what you mean my dog v**** on my bed everytime she feels sick. Poor thing maybe she is scared of it too! hehe

it is some what disturbing but it still doesnt bother me.. maybe because i know dogs have alkaline to digest and not acid so it doesnt smell or even realy resemble human v* and i hate to say it but (knock on wood) i have never caught anything from my dogs in my whole life.. however i think i have given herviruses before...

anyways just wanted to share!

My Collie is the worst because he does it without warning and its usually a lot as he's a big dog. My Cat is not so bad neither is my jack russell as she's small. I have cleared up after my Jack Russell and my cat a few times and also after the little Toy Poodle I had (she died in March this year) as they were very small andthey didn't usuallyv* very much, but my Collie-Labradorcross is such a big dog and he does it with no warning at all.

My JR had a stomach bug last year and she v* all over my bed and eveywhere. I was really worried about her though and I cleaned it up and took her to the vets - they gave her antiemetics and antibiotics and she was fine. I didn't worry about catching it as its hard to catch things from animals. You're more ikely to catch stuff from people.

You can see when my Jack Russell is going to do it becauseshe becomes very lethargic and whimpery and you can see she must have a tummy ache - she goes and lies on her bed and starts licking her lips, so we know she's feeling s* and can put her outside (I always make it up to her afterwards with cuddles and a drink of water), but my Collie just does it instantaneously. Like one night he finished up the leftovers from our spaghetti bolognese then went upstairs and v* all over the place. I had to get my bf to clear it up even though he was late for work and it made him feel s* as well. I just couldn't cope with it.

Once when he v* all over the living room I just covered it in paper and left it until my bf got home from work! I couldn't clean it up!

I've stopped Charlie (my Collie) eating leftovers now, and he's most put out about it!!! He loves leftovers! He's such a greedy dog!!!Edited by: ladymoonlight

I have two indoor cats, one outdoor cat, and an indoor dog. The dog rarely v* and when he's going to I can tell ahead of time so I put him outside. The outdoor cat has never v* that I remember...but the two indoor cats v* fairly often. It doesn't bother me that much but I can't clean it up and I don't like being in the same room with it (this is because once I opened a door into a dark room and stepped in some cat v*, I nearly fainted)...so I just get my dad to clean it up and it's fine, unless they v* on something of mine. Then I freak out just a little bit.

It does not bother me but i remember when I first saw my dog v*. It scared me so bad because they do it diffrently then humans. With us it just seems to come up and that is that but for a dog it takes like forever and they look so sad and those noises. I thought my dog was dying lol. Poor things.

Animal V* doesn't really bother me, it used to but we had a really sick dog when she was nearing the end of her life. She was on medications and had allergic reactions to them and everything and I loved her to death so even though she would v* from the meds and the pain from her surgeries it didn't bother me. Now my parents have a new dog and cat. THe cat hardly ever v*s and when he does

***GRAPHIC AND TOO MUCH INFO***

The dog usually eats it, actually the dog usually eats his OWN V* so you don't really have to clean up after either of them. LoL. I would prefer NOT to see it happen or hear it but I don't freak out when it happens. But I refuse to clean it up...LoL that's probably why I could never own a dog.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

I don't have any pets at the moment as i'm living in London and my family/pets are back in SA, but I remember that both dog and cat V* both don't worry me. The sound a dog makes is bad, but NOTHING as bad as the sound humans make!! I don't mind cleaning it up either, and am always the first to offer to clean it because when my any of my family members try to do it, they start gagging - and THAT freaks me out and is MUCH worse!!!

Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

i'm not too bad with animals, its humans that are worse for me. Though i still don't like it and i couldn't clean it up myself.

Animal sick doesn't bother me at all, I can clean it up without any anxiety.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

It's weird, when my cats are sick, I'm like "Mommy of the Year"...I lay down a paper towel under them when they start making that oh so distinct noise and pet them and rub their lil throats till it happens and then I pick up the paper towel and that's that. My gf totally freaks out when it happens and she'd not even an emet!

I have 8 cats so I am pretty immune to this now. At least once a week one of them gets ill from hairball but it doesn't bother me at all. It's human stuff I can't handle at all!
    Be true to yourself and the rest will follow.

lol ya what some other ppl mentioned... I don't have any pets but my grandmother, since she's had sooo many pets in her life, she knows the "signs" lol so like a couple months ago, her cat started gagging (she's only had him for a couple years) and she picked him up, ran to the door, and put him outside to cough the hairball over the balcony

i dont like to see it or hear it, but i can handle it.

I have a rabbit, and rabbits do not vomit[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    You only live once

It's kind of strange, but animal v* doesn't bother me at all. Which is a good thing since I want to be a vet. Human v* sends me running though...

Hi there!

Animals v*ing doesn't bother me either, but that yucky noise dogs make right beforehand kind of does! Puts me into kind of a panic while I try to find something like a towel for her to v* on.

I think it depends on the size of the animal. A cat or small dog, and for me babies and toddlers, don't bother me. If it's an adult human, a big dog, or something bigger, then I freak out.

**might be GRAPHIC**

I saw an elephant do it once on Animal Planet and it was just as bad as adult v*.
    life is too serious to be taken seriously

It doesn't look nearly as bad as when a person does it but its still gross. I don't freak out tho.

Luckily my hamster don't v*...i think lol[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

my bird doesnt get sick [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

i dont mind it at all when my cats v*. v* only bothers me if its like an sv and i can catch it. when my friends are drunk and have to v*, i don't mind holding their hair back and being there for them.