Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

We're movingout of our house soon and we've started packing up already even though we're in this house for another month or so. Anyway my mum said she needed to go into herwork to get some boxes we could use for packing the smaller things and asked me to go with her and help carry stuff. The only problem with that is the fact that my mum works in a hospital, not an emets favourite place!

I had a bit of anxiety about it, especially as the last time I went to that hospital was to have an operation where everyone around me in the ward was v*ing. But I went in anyway and coped with it as well as I could. I drew the line at getting in the ridiculously crowded lift and had totake the stairs up to the 7th floor, that was fun...

The only real panicky moment I had was when we went in to the store room and there were all these cardboard V* bowls stacked up right next to theboxes we were taking. I mean obviously they hadn't been used but it still bothered me. Another scary moment was when we had to walk out through the waiting room andI had totry not to, you know, breathe... lol

I didn't tell it well,but it felt likea triumph at the time! [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

WOW!! i am new to this whole thing but that whole situation mind boggles me. I realize how many people have experienced situations so similar to me!
    MOLLY

See when I see the emesis basins stacked on a counter I don't worry, I only worry if I see one being grabbed and ran off to some place really quick LOL!! But you did a good job. Way to go!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

lol, I saw a stack of those bowl things when I was at the out-of-hours Drs surgery years ago, with a sign that said "Sick bowls - Take one if required"

Uuuurgh! Luckily no one "required" one while I was there!

I know what you mean though, they can seem creepy, but you have to remember that it's all psychological. You could say the same for buckets and basins and stuff, even though my bucket is only ever used for washing the car!

well done !!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Really well done!! thats really good. I have a phobia of hospitals from having to go in there all the time while i was ill. I remember those bowls, i had one at home for ages they left round here when the ambulance crew came lol, i came home and it was in my room on the floor, so it went in the bin lol. Well done again.

Ruth x

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

All right!
    \"A life without love is no life at all.\"

Well done you!!! There used to be a stack of sick bowls in the school office when i was at school. Every time i went down to talk to the nurse...be it a cut finger or a sore head they'd shove one of those sick bowls infront of me..... i was feeling fine until they did that!! Yet another thing i dont miss about high school.

Katie

Great handling that situation! I get that way when I have to take my kids to the pediatrician. Twice when I was parking the car, I saw a parent and their kid walking back to their car carrying a v* bowl. I just pray that they are sick with something not contagious (like reaction to meds or something) The when we get in the office I try to keep my kids from touching anything...I use my OWN pen to sign stuff and I stay far away from everyone. Fortunately, none of us has picked up the sv from the dr office...knock on wood.

congrats !