Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Ok, I am trying not to get too panicky about this. My 4 year old son has been taking lessons at our high school indoor pool. My hubby has been taking him. Well, hubby's shoulder is bothering him so I took Noah the last 2 nights. The first night we get there and the instructor tells us that there are no lessons, the pool is closed because someone v*** in the pool. They close it and clean it out. So we went home, of course my little guy is asking all kinds of q's about who did it and why, etc.&n bsp; So the next night I bring him and during our lesson, a little kid in his class v*** on the floor by the entrance/exit way.I was in the pool trying not to have a panic attack.....wondering how I would get out and how I would get my stuff. Finally they cleaned and disinfected it. But did the kid go home?NOOOO! He went off the diving board!!!!Anyway, I made it home somehow and am now TOTALLY SUPERSTITIOUS!!!! Why did it happen when I brought him, TWICE, and what is going to happen next? Please tell me this is silly. I know it is but with this fear, it is so hard to believe...............Thanks</font>

Well, one way of looking at it is that you are being given the chance to overcome your fear. If you think about it, the only way we can overcome this is to face it. If you are never given any situations that make you face the reality- you will always be crippled by this phobia. Maybe it's just your time to overcome this. It seems to me that you are managing the stress well. You went back the second day after knowing that a kid had vomited in the pool and then you remained in the water even though the kid came back in. To me this sounds like progress in a good direction.

Try not to dwell so much on what might happen next. I think sometimes we somehow will things to be. Just tell yourself not to worry about it and try not to look for things that will upset you.

I am sorry that you had to experience these things, though. That had to have sucked.

\"This too shall pass\"

WOW! I think you handled the situation very well. I would've been running
    out of there or hiding.

I like what shiva said that looking at it that you are being given a chance to
    overcome your fear.

Thank you both. Tonight was the last swimming lesson and I went and watched while Dad took him in. Everything went fine. I just hate being superstitious about it....need to stop thinking negative.</font>

sometimes little kids v because they swallowed to much water..or they choked on it. i would not worry about it. i think there are enough chemicles in the pool to kill anything. i hope you feel better today

(((HUGS)))

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Andee....what state are you in???

Kats is totally right about the disinfectant part. My dad worked maintenance and the amount of chlorine in the pool kills everything and the cleaners are heavy duty.
    I think you did fantastic you went back the next night after all. It was a great chance to help with the fear. It wasn't your kid so you didn't have to deal with it over a long period of time even. I know twice I went to the mall and I wanted to avoid it ever so dearly because there was a fair set up beside it and both times i HAD to go and go through the grounds and both times I saw the dreaded evidence of someone that had ridden too much.
    I can't say I didn't get that creepy chill and the light headed hard to swallow feeling welling inside me but the 2nd time round I wasn't as bad at all. Its hard not to dwell on it but you voiced and vented it here. You are back at the pool now twice after the first insident.
    Hurray for Free visual therapy
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Hi sixpksummer, I'm in Connecticut. Thanks to everyone else for writing. I do feel better now....</font>