Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: OMFG!

Two people at my work got sent home today for v*!!! I didn't touch my eyes, face, or anything, but I ate a little bit of food but i'm so freaking scared right now i'm crying and I don't know what to do, i'm not going to be able to concentrate or do anything or be at peace for the next like week.
    Taking a sabbatical from IES, moving on, and making concrete changes to live my life without fear.
    Friends know where to reach me.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I know thats one of the worst feelings when more than one person at work is sick at the same time. Your mind tells you if 2 people have it ,....its airborne or,....youve been exposed,..etc,....I fully understand.....I have been through this so many times myself.

The good thing is usually us emetos...don't catch things like normal people for some reason. We fear it every second of our life yet can count on one hand how many times we have ever been sick...the odds are you are going to be fine as far as if it might have been a virus or something.....its your nerves now that you have to treat.

Maybe some chamomille tea to sip on would relax you,.....a lot of people swear by it ....but for me,....when something like this happens,...I have to resort to taking my medication which is Xanax. I hate to tell people I take that because of all the negative things people say about people who take it but for me,....it has allowed me to live a normal produtive life.....I should not be ashamed of that but thankful......

I know this is a difficult time for you,....try to relax,...know that most odds are in your favor and be strong. We are warriors yes we are,.......smiling

Samantha

Thanks.

Do you think there's a likely chance at all?
    Taking a sabbatical from IES, moving on, and making concrete changes to live my life without fear.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you were careful I don't think you'll get it. And it sounds like you were careful. I know that I've actually BEEN there when people have V*ed at least 7 or 8 differnt times and I NEVER Got what they got...and they DID it INFRONT of me!! SO I'm sure you'll be fine just KNOWING about it.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

I ate an onion ring and a milkshake, that was it. I didn't touch my face or anything. I used the bathroom but I washed my hands before hand and hovered over the seat

Hun I think you'll be fine, Gosh my mom got sick a few months ag and I totally freaked wouldn't leave my room or even go near her I swear I used a whole bottle of the germ killing stuff, I didnt' touch anything and I am perfectly fine, I really don't think you'll get sick very very small percentage. RELAX you'll be fine

gah i just got home from work and was actually about to write an almost identical post to yours lizzo. near the end of my shift i found out that my manager had been vomiting all day and he felt sick last night too when i was at work and then this other girl said she'd been feeling a bit sick too. gah im totally freaking out right now im so scared to go to sleep in case i wake up and vomit.
    Angles

Oh no! The same thing happened to both of us.

It's the morning and i'm ok now .. I just need to get through the next 72 hours ..

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you two. Just keep up your hygeine, and you'll be fine!

Let's hope so.

I'm just feeling really tired today .. I even stayed home from summer school .. let's see how I feel tommorow ..

gah 72 hours? is that how long i have to wait to be sure im in theclear?
    Angles

I guess .. my stepmom is a biologist and she said if i'd probably know by tommorow

The one thing you didn't consider about it all is why they were sick. Has it been hot there? could their sickness have been coincidental? I mean one could have been sick from food poisoning while the other was sick from something else.

I hope you are ok
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

It'sprobably.. in the 30's here.

It's been a little over 48 hours .. I guess I'll just see by tommorow if i'm in the clear

How are you now, Liz? And where in Canada are you? Where do you work? When do you next work?
    <font size=\"4\"><font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\">It can, and does, get better with time.</font></font></font>

Just thought Id check in to see the results of this. How are your co workers, how are you doing now AND what part of Canada are you btw.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Salut, j'espère que tu vas mieux et que tous tes collègues de bureau vont mieux aussi.

See ya,

Ben.

Le Paroxysme de la Tranquilité.

Compulsory good manners.