Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Foreign Films

Just know right now that I think I spelled foriegn wrong so no need to correct me LoL

I love my foriegn films! Especially the ones from Asia but have any of you ever watched a foriegn film and didn't get it? Like I watched this one called "A Tale Of Two Sisters" From Korea and I get the feeling that if I actually understood it, then it would be creepy. I don't usually get confused with foriegn films but this one threw me for a loop.

Then what do you do if you don't get it? It's not a mainstream film so I don't know who I can go to to have it explained to me. I got SOME idea what it was about from a review I read but other then that I'm clueless.

There are only two other foriegn films that confused me. One was Uzumaki which is about an obsession with spirals or something, Uzumaki means "Spiral" in Japanese. And Also this French film called Celestial Clockwork...I saw that movie and I was like WTF? Like aparently in it the girl lost her cat or something? WHAT? Didn't make sense.

Does this happen to anyone else?

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

There was this one foreign film that my dad was watching, and I was kind of half watching it with him, and it was something about this lady who went for a vacation in this cottage that I think her coworker suggested she do, to try and help her get over her writers block (she is a writer), and the daughter of her coworker (or something like that) was there, and she was a teenager and had all these guys over and (graphically) slept with them, and she would walk around all the time like half (or full) naked. It was just weird, and I was like "huh?" I don't know if she overcame her writers block or not, or what. Sometimes foreign films are odd.

Hey Monica,

Yeah, I saw Tale of Two Sisters as well and it was hard to follow. It had me trying to figure it out for days! But I still really liked the creep factor in it, and I would like to see it again. The other film you mentioned is called Vortex, the one about the spirals. I really enjoyed that one, and had no trouble following along.

If you like asian horror, you might want to check these others out if you havent already.

Bio-Zombie

My Left Eye Sees Ghosts (hehe)

The Eye (Im sure you've seen this) and The Eye 2

Battle Royale (do NOT get BR2, it SUCKS!)

Also, stay away from Pinocchio 941, its horrible.

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head. I know this isnt what your post was about, but it is just nice to see another fan out there.

The Japanese make good horror movies. Ringu is excellent. I want to see the follow-ups. And the original Japanese version of The Grudge is another on my 'want to see' list.

I used to love watching French films when I was younger. My mum and I used to spend Friday night watching them in the 80's.

I remember watching a Czechoslovakian (blimey, hope that's spelled right!) film years ago, based on the Beauty and the Beast fairytale - it was one of the best thingsI've ever seen as there was so much detail and creepy creatures and effects at the Beast's castle.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Well, if anyone is interested in some good French-Canadian films, there are two that I highly recommend. The Decline of the American Empire, and it's sequel The Barbarian Invasions.

Here is a review of Empire:

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/...rticle?AID=/19 861121/REVIEWS/611210302/1023

And for Barbarian (also won the best foreign film oscar a few years ago):

http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/movie/_/id/5947787

Funny, funny, FUNNY films.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I love french films. I really love 8 Femmes b/c I don't know why, it just appeals to me in a camp way and then also The Piano Teacher. Isabelle Huppert is amazing. The first time I watched The Piano Teacher it got to the end and I was like....HUH? Haha
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Hi there, you ought to see "Les Tontons Flingueurs", it's a very very
    nice french movie of the 60's. I suggest that you see this movie with
    french audio, that's sounds better.

Ben.

Le Paroxysme de la Tranquilité.

Compulsory good manners.