Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: hungover

uhhhhhh why do i drink so much i swear i get the worst hangovers these days. ive spent all morning having panic attacks thinking that im going to vomit. its now 1pm and i still feel absolutely awful and cant sleep. does anyone have any hangover cures?
    Angles

Sorry I'm late to this and you'll be okay again now, so any advice is too late! My personal hangover cure is to eat beans on toast and one of my ex-boyfriends used to feel better after a fried egg sandwich!Both these things settle my stomach and stop the queasiness. I know some people can't face food though with a hangover. I don't really get headaches from having too much to drink, just feel very lethargic and a bit queasy in the stomach. Drink plenty of water too. Take painkillers for the headache.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

headaches i dont often get.. its just the really bad nausea and dizziness i cant handle. i think im going to try and stop drinking for a few months.. haha wish me luck!
    Angles

Whatever you do, don't take an antiemetic right after drinking. IF you have alcohol in your system, your body may need to purge it the fastest way, as keeping it in can cause major damage- even death in some cases.

Also, stay away from Tylenol, even the morning after. Tylenol with alcohol in your system can completely distroy your liver. Other painkillers such as Advil are also not a good bet, because they will likely further aggravate your stomach.

Most of the reason why people end up with hangovers is because their bodies are really dehydrated. That causes the nausea, headache, etc- the best way to go about fixing this is to rehydrate. Instead of regular water, I usually grab a super-large bottle of Gatorade or another sports drink at the corner store. I find that once I am almost done the bottle, even if I have to force myself to drink it, I feel a lot better. Stay way from coffee- it will only make you more dehydrated.

I also find that a carb-heavy meal helps....toast, mashed potatoes, oatmeal, etc. EVen greasy french fries- for some reason, they always make me feel better, lol.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

yup i agree wit the huge bottle of powerade and a big greasy protien and carb-filled fry up. if u absolutely cannot eat, fair enough. but it ALWAYS makes me feel better. i do take an antiemetic for my hangovers, i know it's naughty[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] but i cant handle the nausea all day. and yer i usually try and sleep it off after the fry up and powerade. its always good as ur not awake to be dragged through the nausea and when u wake up ul feel a whole lot better!!! this sounds stupid but i usually try and stay up for as long as i can after coming home, that way i will sleep a hell of a lot easier the next day through my hangover. also if u eat some bread (or sumtin thatl soak up some of the alcohol) and drikn lots of water AND stay up and sober up some before you pass out when u come home, ur hangover will be half as bad. just a few tips!!!
    stef - everything happens for a reason

My husband always drinks tons and tons of straight water...it usually does the trick for him...Good luck!!
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"