Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: hi all.......

well, i'm new to this site, and everything i have read in these posts sounds soooo much like me. for example, last week, my boss came to work with a sv. he's a veterinarian, and i am his assistant. so, all day i was exposed to him. totally FREAKING OUT the whole 12 hour shift. i was so mad at him for coming to work sick, but he had no choice. we had several surgeries to do. i spent the day washing my hands. it's been 10 days, and noone else has been sick, so i think i'm in the clear.

since i can remember, i have feared v. i don't understand the nature of my fear, and i truly envy those who can v without a second thought. my boyfriend's got 2 kids, 11 and 13, and his philosophy on v is 'just do it and get it over with.' i haven't v in 20 years! can you believe it? the times i felt like it, i would fight it and fight it, doing wierd stuff like picking my face or pinching myself until the sensation passed. when someone i know is sick, i'll call them to 'see how they are doing', when really i'm just getting my own personal progress report on the sv, and what to expect if it should strike me.

i won't say that this fear is ruining my life, and i try to be realistic and tell myself that life has too much to offer other than worrying about v all the time. however, when the time comes, i want to run and hide. i shun those closest to me, and noone but you guys even know about this fear. most people would think it's a strange phobia, but i find it no more strange than being scared of spiders, which i am[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

guys, sometimes i feel like a real freak.

welcome, you are not alone!!

Oh we have all felt like real freaks at times, lol! I didn't tell anybody about my emetophobia until I was in my twenties (have suffered from it as long as I can remember) as I felt like a weirdo as nobody else seemed to react to vomit the way I did. Then I discovered there were not only other people that felt the same way, but thousands and thousands of other people! I suddenly didn't feel such a freak! It sure helps to know you are not alone!

Welcome to the group!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Hey, welcome to the site!

Everyone here is very supportive and we all have the same fear. You are not a freak, although it might feel like it sometimes.

M x

hello and welcome. i do weird things when i feel sick also like digging my nails into my skin and such. i felt really really sick yesterday morning after a night of heavy drinking and now have red marks all over my neck and even a bruised and red bite mark on my arm. dont worry i feel like a freak all the time too! so just remember you are not alone and we all know how you feel.
    Angles

thanx for the support guys. it's truly a relief to know that there are others who understand.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]