Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: gagging

since yesterday ive had this sensation where it feels like im going to gag. is it possible this could just be from anxiety? also i have not eaten much at all in the last two days, could that cause this? is there anything to make it go away as its a very scary feelingand i feel like i have no control over it
    Angles

I get that way too sometimes. Sometimes I can't even brush my teeth cause I start gagging, and sometimes when I smoke I gag too. You probably just have a really stong gag reflex, and your anxiety is making it worse. Sipping water or another beverage usually helps me stop, or even suck on a mint, but sometimes that makes me gag too! Just relax and try not to think about it, that is probably the best thing you can do, and I can almost guarentee you are not going to v*.

Michele

Hey, im sorry your feeling like this. Did you start to gag before you stopped eating much?? as not eating can make you gag itself, i used to get it everyday from not eating, to the point i had to sit in my bathroom from constantly doing it. So if you can face maybe trying having something light to eat, to see if it helps. Feel better and hope its stops soon.

Ruth x

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i havent actually had any gagging it just feels like im going to at any time. my stomachs rumbling but im scared to eat.. i just had some ginger beer but dont feel any better. i just wish i knew where it came from.
    Angles

i have that problem, mostly before i go to sleep...get yourself some lavender to sniff (it's relaxing) & try teeny sips of ginger ale...basically the best thing to do is to take your mind off it as much as possible, which i know sounds IMpossible right now, but trust me it'll go away. & you won't v* either.

p.s. have you been upset lately? sometimes i get this feeling when i need to cry & i get that feeling in my throat but all i need to do is cry & it goes away pretty fast, hahaha. i hope that's not it, but just in case!

~ bethany

\"what\'s meant to be will always find a way\"

::there is no way to peace
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    eace is the way::

Ahh I hate that...could you be pregnant? Thats when I really experienced that awful feeling. I know that it is definitely brought on by anxiety so that is probably your case as well. I try to chew gum or sip some water....its an awful feeling..I had to deal with that a lot yesterday.

I get that, too and it lasts for about a week and then goes away! I thought there was something wrong with me, I am glad to know I am not alone!! I hope the sensaation goes away, soon I know it is awful!

You are too hungry. I get dry heaves when I'm truly hungry. Try eating something safe and eating slowly.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --

gah i better not be pregnant.. ive been worrying this may be the case for a while now but ive donea home test and my period on and off for the last month so im hoping its not that..
    Angles

Might want to make sure. I know that is when I first felt that awful feeling. Keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by purpleteacher
    You are too hungry.* I get dry heaves when I'm truly hungry.* Try eating something safe and eating slowly.
    i get the same way!!!
    MOLLY

well i did a pregnancy test and its all clear... so why is my stomach still lurching :'( even after eating i still feel like this so it cant be from not eating. im so scared
    Angles