Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Please help me

I'm freaking so badly
    So on Saturday and Sunday I had a really bad stomach. Not D* but close enough and lots of nausea on and off. Today though it really came to a head because I had really bad D* at work and thought I would get sick. I didn't. Now I'm home though and I was eating and feeling fine and now I feel SO sick again. Like actually sick. It's every time I eat and I don't know what to do. I feel so trapped and scared right now. My stomach just isn't right.

Oh and also I wasn't as careful with handwashing as i usually am and some guy at my work got sick today. All my issues were before I found out about him though so I don't think it's stress or anything.

Edited by: hippychick
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. It's never fun to feel that way, especially for people like us. Just remember to try to remain calm. If you let yourself get too upset, then you will feel worse- guarenteed.

So okay... It is what it is. You have diarrhea and some nausea. What usually helps your nausea? Ginger? Sips of water? Fresh air? Whatever it is, do it. Don't allow yourself to panic. Remember that regardless of what is going on with your body, you will be able to handle things. The only job you have right now is to relax and accept how you are feeling. If you can accept it, then you can move past it and not obsess over it.

So, think of what helps nausea for you and what helps you relax and do it. Don't listen to the negative thoughts in your head- they don't help you. What helps you is this.... You are going to be okay. I promise you, everything will be fine. Even if the worst possible thing should happen (and it more than likely will not), you will handle it. You can handle this because you are a strong, capable woman. You love yourself enough to remain calm and focus only on strength and positivity. You are going to be okay.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Oh Hippychick, I am so sorry you are feeling bad. Do you think it is possible that you are having stomach issues because of stress? I have had that same exact thing before, and it was always the fallout of being upset about something a few days before. I dont know why, but I always get a delayed reaction. I guess the best advice I can give is to eat a little at a time, and drink lots of water. I know how hard it is to feel "really" sick as opposed to the nausea that this phobia can induce. It is scary as hell when it feels real. Just know that no matter what happens, you will get through it. You will..

Take Care!

I get this....wake up feeling n*, it passes so I eat a little, then the n* returns etc. It could be anxiety, tiredness, even a mild bug, but think about it, you would have v* by now if it was going to happen. How much d* did you have? Going loosely once or twice isn't anything to worry about- d* with a bug is very different, I'm sure you know.

Can you take anything? Got any motilium or phenergan? If you have, take it, don't suffer, it'll help.

I agree with Suze. I hope you feel better soon![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

How are you doing now? Hope you are feeling better. Do you think it could be all the heat that is making you feel like this? It's driving me mad! Where you out in the sun before you felt like this? Keep sipping on water, eat light things and lie in the coolest room you can find - pop a fan on and put a cool damp cloth over your forehead. Then visualize all the horrible feelings leaving your body and healthy, positive energy entering. Picture yourself relaxing in your favourite place and feeling totally calm and happy.

Let us know how you are doing!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

i hope your feeling better

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Chewing minty gum always calms me down and makes me feel better.

I hope your feeling better today.

I hope you are feeling better today. There are so many things that can make you feel ill, doesn't mean you will be sick.
    Tiffanator

Hope you are feeling better HippyChick - let us know how you are doing. The heat in the UK at the moment is unusual and we need to drink twice as much as normal to hydrate.Keep up the fluids and take care. M x

When i get to feeling that way, i always try to sip on gatorade.....somehow with the D is helps me feel better...but sometimes the best thing is to do nothing...just let it take it's course. I always try to do something to distract myself from feeling miserable...if nothing else i go to sleep, if i can. Watch tv....take ginger root capsules....sip ginger ale...things like that. Sorry you are feeling this way...it sucks so bad. We all know the feeling!!
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

How are you feeling?
    \"This too shall pass\"

Hey there
    Thanks for the concern all. Well last night I ws feeling SO sick but today when I woke up it seemed to have passed and I was just hungry ALL day today haha so I managed to eat a little more. Thank you all for your advice, I have been sipping water and eating ginger all day to help out. Many thanks it means a lot to have the support here. And yeah this is some heat!

xxxxx

Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.