Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I have read a few posts in different areas and rather than repeat myselfI thought I would make my own.

Cravings are a way for your body to tell you "hey I'm missing something here"
    They sometimes get a bit scrambled as far as what you think you need and what you REALLY need.

Chocolate means you need more magnesium can get in legumes, nuts, fruits
    Sweets ---- chromium----Broccoli, grapes, cheese, dried beans, chicken
    carbon-------Fresh fruits
    phosphorus---Chicken, beef, liver,poultry,dairy,nuts,legumes,grains
    sulfer----------Cranberries, horseradish,kale, cabbage
    tryptopan-----Cheese, liver, lamb, raisins, sweet potato, spinach

Toast/bread-Nitrogen----high protien foods like fish and eggs
    Oily snacks/fatty-Calcium------Kale, legumes, cheese, milk, yogurt
    Chewing ice----Iron-------Meat. fish, poultry, seaweed
    Burned food-----Carbon----fresh Fruits
    Carbonated drinks----calcium----Kale, legumes, cheese, milk, yogurt
    Premenstral cravings---Zinc------red meats, seafood, leafy greens,root veggies
    Lack of appetite----Vitamine B1-----Nuts, seeds, beans, liver
    B3-----Tuna,halibut,beef,chicken,turkey,pork,seeds,legume s
    Maganese----Walnuts,almonds,pecans,pineapple, blueberries
    Chloride------Raw goat milk, unrefined sea salt
    Salty foods----------Chloride-----Raw goat milk, unrefined sea salt
    Acidic foods---------
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Hi there, sorry if this question looks silly but what does "Craving" mean ?

Ben.

Le Paroxysme de la Tranquilité.

Compulsory good manners.

That is so interesting, thanks for posting that.

Ben, craving is when you feel like you *need* to eat a certain type of food. You can't stop thinking about it until you actually eat it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks for the explanation !

Ben.

Le Paroxysme de la Tranquilité.

Compulsory good manners.

intresting !!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

awesome. i always wondered because obviously when i am craving sweets it is not sugar that my body 'needs'. lol! great information.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Somehow I just don't think that my body would accept liver as a viable substitute for Skittles or a Kit Kat, HAHA. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

It is very interesting to know though, I'll have to try it next time I'm craving something just to see if the craving will go away, but usually what I'm craving is the taste, not the ingredients.
    Tiffanator

very interesting...i wonder if this is different due to pregnancy...we all know pregnant women have the strangest cravings...but i am loving the salty stuff lately...so does that mean i lack Chloride and that raw goat milk and unrefined sea salt could help that...ummm no thanks...LOL icky!!
    ♥LIDIA&hearsts;

Melikasa! ^^ I don't know if you remember me but I haven't seen you on in ages xD

Anyway, that is very interesting. Thanks! I think I'll save that :]
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

That's really interesting, thanks for sharing! I'm not the biggest fruit fan (have to force myself to have my daily fruit!) but when I am run down with a cold or something I actually crave fruit! Just shows how your body (usually) knows best!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Well no those are just some of the ideas in their purest of forms a multivitamin will cure that. LOL and yes sometimes a chocolate bar will hit the spot when looking for chocolate at least for the time being. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    A craving is a sometimes mistaken for hunger too. You know when you eat and it SHOULD have satisfied you but it didn't.
    and sometimes the craving isn't mixed up LOL you want the chocolate because you well want the chocolate.
    Chocolate released endorphins called oxytocins which are the feel good hormones as good as if not better thanthe act between man and woman. Nudge nudge wink wink. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    Which is another reason women in particular LOVE chocolate. On a very good note. Dark Chocolate is actually good for you (I don't mean 2 or 3 chocolate bars or a whole box of gewy caramel filled ones) the dark chocolate on its on in decent quantities.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Yeah when I have a cold all I want to eat is grapes and oranges, most of the time I think meh they're ok but as soon as I'm ill I HAVE to have them lol When my mum was pregnant she suffered from pregnancy related diabetes, before they found that out though all she would crave were mars bars which are a source of sugar and glucose. Guess the body is smart.

Mostly I crave crisps and salt and somehow am not giving them up for Raw goat milk haha</font></font>
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.