Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: thoughts racing

Hi everyone, I usually don't visit thiswebsite too oftenbecause it tends to make me anxious, but I do visit when i already am anxious due to my emetophobia, which I am now!

My 11 year old brother got sick on sunday morning, he v* adn had diarrhea. I stayed away from him and hadn't really been near him the day before. he was pretty much better the next day but I still didn't go near him. Now this morning my dad woke up sick with the same thing. i haven't really been too near my dad except sitting next to him at dinner last night, but my thoughts are starting to get a little out of control!! i feel fine, except for an on again-off againstomachache, but i get stomachaches everyday anyways (it may be ibs..runs in the family, as does anxiety). i really want to eat some dinner, but i'm terrified to wake up sick tomorrow morning like my brother and dad! i have a feeling i won't sleep very well tonight (kind of like last night, except it will be worse). i have a prescription of lorazepam to take as needed, i don't know if that will help me... i've only taken 1.5 pills in the last 6 months or so. i don't feel that physically anxious, it's mostly my thoughts racing and occasionally my breathing quickens.

i know i shouldn't be scared, i haven't had more than a cold in 4 and a half years, and haven't v* in about 8 years, 2 of my brothers and my dad had a sv at the same time once and neither my mom, sister, or i got sick, but i still wonder if this is it and i'll catch it!

i feel slightly better now that i'm on this forum and can talk to someone about it...i couldn't remember my username for the longest time and was unable to make another, i only see a therapist at school which is 3 hours away, and i don't want my parents to know i'mnervous bc i hate showing weakness!

i'm pretty scared right now, i'm going to force some dinner down, maybe take a pill?? i hate this

Christina

well i just went downstairs to get some dinner, and found out my 7 year old brother just v* a couple of times a half hour ago, he doesn't look too bad right now though, he was smiling. i know my mom won't get sick bc she never does, and my sister won't either. now i'm more afraid to eat dinner, but i know i have to, i dont' know what to eat though. i think i'll take the lorazepam before i go to bed, but i'm still so afraid to wake up sick!

Do you have any antiemetics? Maybe that would ease your mind if you took one. Even dramamine and benadryl can be helpful to make you sleep, and settle the stomach. Just make sure to wash properly, and keep your hands away from your face unless you have just washed, and you should be fine.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

thank you so much for responding daffodil!!

I'm not exactly sure what antiemetics are. Is it just like anti-anxiety medicine, or anti-nausea medicine? I'm going to take a lorazepam right now, which is anti-anxiety and will help me sleep hopefully.

i talked to Tiffanator in the chatroom and she helped me and showed me the thread where sage's biologist son-in-law answered questions, and i felt much better, but it's starting to come back a little.