Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I don't know about you all, but I can guess you probably have as hard of time as I do traveling. I think I am getting better about it though. Since I've gotten married, we have been making (every 6 months) trips to see my husband's family, and also a trip to see my mom and her side of the family, and also to see some of dads side of the family (yes its a lot of family!) so we travel ohh say 4-5 times a year (by car). I guess its good experience to help me get better with it and realize that even if I have emet, and IBS acts up some, I'm still not going to die! I do struggle some though, the usual fears of getting sick away from home, and making it through the night, and meal times away from home around others make me nervous some, but I think I'm doing better about it. This weekend we went and visited my mom's side of the family for a couple days, and I did real good, and ate pretty normal (usually I eat the bare minimum while away from home). Sometimes my guts would hurt or something, but I did my best to ignore it and focus on other stuff, and it usually would just go away. So, how do you all deal with traveling away from home?

My husband is from kansas and I am from tn. It is a 12 hour drive. My husband hates to fly and I do not want to sit near him if he is going to be sick or something. So when we drive, I drug up on dramamine and sleep the whole way! Yes I know that is the easy way out but I get motion sickness rather easy. I try to eat "safe" foods while I am there.

Hey Taffy!
    Yeah the trip to my husband's family is like 10 hours. I also tend to eat like a bird when I am away from home like that, but I'm trying to get better at it.

LOL- I actually love to travel. So far this pastyear I have been to California (drove back- Cali to Vancouver, Vancouver to Ottawa- took alost 2 weeks), Australia (and the island of Tasmania), Winnipeg (3 hr flight), Toronto (3 times- 5 hr drive), Waterloo (6 hr drive), my hometown of Sudbury (about 6 times), and i go to Kingston and Montreal at least once a month (both 2-3 hours from home). In fact, right now i am writing you from my parents place in Sudbury, which is a six hour drive.....with two cats in the car, it seems a lot longer, lol.

I actually get a bit antsy if I don't travel for a few weeks. I really don't like the act of travelling (as any movement makes me travelsick), but once i am there I always have fun. My emet is actually at it's lowest when I am away from home, because I tend to be concerned with other things- seeing family that I haven't seen for a long time, checking out the local attractions- even just enjoying the fact that i am on vacation and have no work to do, lol.

I also tend to eat more....which always means that my pants are a bit tight on the way home [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

To each their own I guess!

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.