Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Allergy query..

I have had this gross bumpy red rash all over my body since last Wednesday and I initially thought it was an allergic reaction to my fake tan. It was on the sides of my stomach, my chest, my back, mainly inner arms and on thighs and feet. It was really tingly and itchy and driving me mad. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

I have used the fake tan once before, and got tingly itchy all over, but no rash. I assumed that was from my fabric conditioner, so changed the brand.

I used the fake tan again last Tuesday and got the rash a day later. It STILL hasn't gone away.

I got a cold the day after the rash, not a full-blown cold but a bit of a runny nose and tickly chest. The cold has gone, and the rash is now ONLY visible on my inner elbow and behind my knees. Its still very itchy every where else at night time.. CAN ANYONE SHED SOME LIGHT AS TO WHAT MAY BE THE CAUSE???? I have had measles - not sure if it was German or normal - it was the one where you aren't very sick, you just have the rash.

I have bought some allergy tablets (with Loratidine in them) but they didn't work, and I bought some Calamine lotion for the rash, but it only provided temporary relief. I don't wanna try and get a Docs Appointment as it may take 3 days or more to see him, and it might be gone by then!

Any suggestions will really be appreciated!

Thanks,

Kimmy x

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

Hey, awww im sorry about the rash. Im not sure what could have caused it, maybe it was the tan? but a few months ago, i came up with this rash that stayed there for 2 weeks untill i saw a doctor, and i can't remember what it was called but they name it 'The christmas tree rash' lol, and it can start anywhere and spread over your body for no apparent reason, and he told me it could stay for about a month, which it stayed for another few weeks untill fading away, so it could be that? I hope you find out what it is[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

Ruth.

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

I get loads of rashes as I have so many allergies. If it is an allergy rash it's strange that the antihistamines didn't help. Have a look at this http://familydoctor.org/545.xml it may help you find out what it could be. If you are worried ring your doctors and ask for an emergency appointment, they will fit you in on the same day you ring then.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

EEugh gross I hope its not that.. (no offense to you though!) lol.

I have to do a few photo shoots in the next couple of weeks and little red blotches everywhere is SO not a good look, lol. Its my only way of making a living so I gotta do it!

Maybe I should go to the Docs, but it takes FOREVER to get an appointment on the NHS!! I'll have to queue outside before 8am to get a same day appointment[img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]

it could be the fake tan is causeing a kind of eczema cos behind the knees, elbows and other joints my son has eczema and although he only has the rash in his joints at the moment he gets itchy all over at night time plus behind your knees is quite a sensitive area i putveet on there (i knowyou don't get hair there but it seemed easier to put it all over) and it was red itchy and sore for ages it could be the same with fake tan

lyndsayanne

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and advice!

TCSarah i will try that website and see what they suggest, thanks!

Lyndsayanne, a friend of mine also suggested it might be eczema as she gets it (amongst other things) but I just didnt think it was as i've NEVER had eczema before! It does soundand look like that - so what could I use to treat it?

Its really strange that the actual bumps have gone from everywhere else, but still very much there on my inner elbows and knees!

OH and I had a VERY bad VEET experience before - never using THAT stuff again -the pores on mylegs swelled up within a minute and i was in tears from the pain and itchiness!!! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

I have suddenly started getting very small patches of eczema on my face. It started last year and I wondered what it was as it would stay for weeks, clear up and then reappear. So you can suddenly get eczema even if you havn't had it before (I never had). The patches are red, itchy, with slightly raised spots. My cousin gave me a small pot of nappy rash cream that the midwife had given her for her new born baby, as it says on it for treatment of nappy rash, eczema and other skin complaints. I tried it and it worked a treat - really clears the eczema patches up quickly. It's called Sudocrem antiseptic healing cream. I've seen big pots of it for sale at the chemists, and it's quite cheap (£1 something) so maybe it would be worth trying.

Another thing comes to mind - shingles. Is the rash on one side of your body only?

- Japanese proverb

Erm.. no its not thank goodness. I've heard of shingles and i'm glad its not that! (Isn't shingles the adult form of chicken pox? I had chicken pox as a child so hopefully not again..)

It wason both sides - both sides of my stomach, inner thighs, inner arms,back, boobs, chest, wrists etc. Only place I didn't really have it was my lower legs and my face. Now its only on both inner elbows and both inner knees.

When I put clothes on and bend my arms it feels as if there is something lodged there, like rough paper or something.. its very scratchy and rough feeling.

Thanks though, I think i'm gonna go to Superdrug or a pharmacy and look for that nappy rash creme - sounds like good stuff as my Calamine lotion isn't working!

another good cream is palmers cocoa butter and it smells really good too or e45 it may just be a kind of contact dermatitis brought on by the fake tan i get that with jewllery and watches which contain nickel it is really itchy plenty of mosturiser usally helps i could suggest loads of creams cos my youngest has quite bad allergies and has been in hospital several time with his eczema when it has been infected but i do not know what is over the counter and what is prescription as he gets them all on prescription i think you can buy eumovate over the counter it is a mild steroid cream and would probably clear it up quite quickly if you use it with the mosturiser

lyndsayanne

Once somebody has had chickenpox they are immune to getting it again but the virus that caused it remains in the body for life. Shingles is caused when for some reason or another (stress can trigger it) this virus is reactivated.

You mention the rash feeling rough - it does sound very much like eczema. If it looks a bit scaly and flaky I definitely think it is.

Have you been particularly stressed recently because this can cause flare-ups of eczema. It can also be diet related.

- Japanese proverb

Oh crap yes I was VERY Stressed and upset last week when I got the rash.

To cut a long story short - My boyfriend cheated on me (twice) on the weekend and then jumped out of a window to avoid being caught. He broke a pipe on my friends house and she kicked him out. My friends all despise him now and aren't too happy with me staying with him and giving him another chance. I was emotional and tearful allll week!

I got a mild cold the day after the rash too..thats why I was wondering.. ok I think I had better go to the pharmacy if nothing else..

Lyndsayanne - I LOVE Palmers Cocoa butter and have been using it on my body already - it helped the itchiness more than the Calamine lotion did! That stuff is amazing - I use the green one at the moment on my body and the white cocoa smelling one on my hands!

Hi,

you should also try Olive Oil is great for excema. Put a small drop in some water and dab it on, its great.[img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]
    Big hugs
    Fifi
    xxxxx

Ah, I would take a bet that the rash is stress related. Sorry to hear about your boyfriend doing that to you, no wonder you have been so upset and stressed.

Let us know how things go - hope the rash eases off soon.

- Japanese proverb

Yeah I was REALLY upset as its the 2nd time he's done it (both times when blind drunk) and he is always so ashamed of himself the next day. He is away on a course at the moment during the weeks, so spending time apart and seeing each other on weekends has been helpful.

I will let you know about my rash as soon as I know!

Thanks everyone!

xx

I have sensitive skin and suffer from excema (have to use non bio wash powder and be careful with colorants, perfumes etc)

I have major issues with fake tan, I love the stuff but it nearly always gives me a rash like prickly heat, itchy bumps, looks and feels nasty.

It could be a reaction or just stress related.

Ive now found Johnson holiday skin (med to dark version)that is good, gives a nice colour after a couple opf applications but no rash, yay!!!)

LaneyXX