Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Question?

Does anybody else get more anxious when they feel n* and have to drive or feel n* in the car. That is one of my worst fears is getting sick while I am driving and not being able to pull over or getting into an accident because I am V* on the highway. I know my anxiety is sky high when I have to drive a long distance and feel sick. Just curious

I had food poisoning on the day of my grandfathers funeral. I had to go and it was over an hour of driving. I had to pull over about every 20 minutes to v*. It was a horrible experience to go with an already sad day!

I CONSTANTLY worry about V*ing when I'm driving!!! If I don't feel n* then I'm ok but I am so afriad of that! You're not the only one![img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

Hi there!!

I definitely feel anxious if I'm driving while feeling n*. If I positively have to go somewhere on the highways, I make sure I'm always in the left or right lane of traffic (never, EVER the middle lane) just in case I have to pull over. Plus, on residental roads I always stay to the right so I can turn down a side street if needed. I also never use the express lanes (they're supposed to be a faster way to get downtown) they have here in Chicago--there's no shoulder!!! I did it once and traffic was horrible....never again! I felt so trapped.

Oh yes!

I am scared to go on vacations too...I think because the last time I V* we were on our way home from a vacation in a motor home

Yes, this is one of the worst things for me lately. I sometimes have to take an Ativan about a half hour before being in the car. A few months ago I also was having trouble with hyperventilating in the car, but that has seemed to subside.

Yeah I definetly have that same thought about getting into an accident because I was v*ing.

However, I still feel better driving myself than I do riding in someone else's car. At least if you're driving yourself you can just pull over, but when you're riding you have to tell them to pull over, and then invariably tell them why, and then wait for them to actually do it! SCARY!