Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stephen???

Dear, dear Stephen,

I am sitting here crying. I am so so so sorry. I feel ashamed that I made people on this board worry about you...it's just that we all love you...especially me! If you and Drew need a place to go on your trip, feel free to come to Chicago! I have extra beds and I'd love to have you! (Terrified Girl, he lives in West Virgina) I have no words to express my sympathy and sadness for you and your son. Please know that I am always here if you need me, 24 hours a day......you know both my home and cell number (PM or e-mail me if you lost them)...call collect if you need to from a payphone, if you can't pay the bill. Please do call from the road...I need to know that you are okay.

Much love and sympathy,

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Steven, I already talked to you on MSN last night, you have all my prayers right now. As I said last night, don't worry about us or piling things on our shoulders. You need to concentrate on Drew and yourself at the moment. And doing that is not a selfish act. We will all always love you here because you are a great contribution to this board. Hopefully your trip will give you time to heal, if there is anything we can do for you, don't hesitate to ask.

Love, Rich
    AIM - r311dude (don\'t be shy, I love to chat)

Stephen, I'm so sorry for your loss. I don't really know what to say. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Danielle

Drew and I are leaving in the afternoon to go to Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida.... I told him we really didn't have a timer on the trip... But I expect not to be gone too long.... I will talk to you all when I return.

Stephen,
    Even though we've never spoken before...I just wanted you to know you and your son are in my prayers. I'm so sorry for your loss. Please know we are all thinking of you at this time.
    BIG HUGS,
    Kris

All my love to you as well, Stephen. Sorry I didn't see this post earlier. I just had the day off today, and more time than usual to sit at the computer.

This will be tough, and there will be hard times and harder times and some times of relief and even happiness....and over time the happiness times will become longer and the hard times shorter. But for a while, it's a real roller coaster.

Remember that the only way out of grief is into it. Try not to avoid feelings, or intellectualize - either to yourself or to your son. It's just plain sad. Painful. Terrible. Cry about it as much as you possible can...this will bring healing.

All the best to you.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oh man Im so sorry, geez, I dont know what to say. I know words aren't enough at a time like this. You are in my thoughts and prayers...

Stephen - I don't have the words to express my sorrow. Don't ever worry or apologise about 'dumping' on us - we are (I hope) your friends and that is what friends are for. Collectively, we have broad, strong shoulders and can carry anything. My heart goes out to you and your son. Like Sage said, allow yourself to grieve - there are no rules, no right and wrong ways, just your way.

With love, Jill xxx

Drew has asked to return to school in the morning, he was very proud of his grades, and his mother always praised him for it. I was planning this for both of us, but he said he didn't want to "Let his mother down."

That kid is so much stronger than I could ever be.

Stephen

Thinking of you at this difficult time</font>
    Rachel

Laughing is good exercise, it\'s like jogging on the inside!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sbias

Drew has asked to return to school in the morning, he was very proud of his grades, and his mother always praised him for it. I was planning this for both of us, but he said he didn't want to "Let his mother down."

That kid is so much stronger than I could ever be.

Wow, what a guy. It sounds like he wants to connect with his mom and to get back to a sense of "normal". This is probably the only way, at 8 years old, right?, that he knows how to do that, doing something that he knows his mom thought highly of. Bless him for that. My heart just aches for what you're going through right now.This isalot of stress and changes for even an adult to go through, not to mention a little boy. I'm thinking of you both.

Josie

In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Just wondering if any one has heard from stephen yesterday or today?

I believe he's at home with Drew and doing okay. I talked to MAry a couple days ago who had spoken to him.
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

Stephen, I've never had a loss like yours so i can't really say that I know what you are going through, but I will pray for you, and I am very sorry to hear about your loss, it must be devastating...
    <font color=MAGENTA>-Rachel</font>

Drew went to school, said he had a good time playing with his friends, he had one little spell, the teacher let him leave the room, but he stayed. brought a ton of friends home with him, so I made sandwiches, and raked leaves, and did stuff around the yard to prepare for the nasty winter I expect to have, then spent a lot of time helping him clean up the god awful mess he and his friends made.

Today was an ok day, one of the better ones I have had in a while.

Stephen

Stephen, it's amazing that you and Drew have eachother to lean on. He seems like he's doing okay, I wish you all the best. Take care.
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3