Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Does anyone else use Zofran?

Hi! I'm new here. I never knew emetophobia was the legitimate phobia for this, and once I looked up symptoms- I know I have it.

I know it started about 4 or 5 years ago during a summer when I wasn't even sick but every night laid on the floor in front of the toilet. I finally was diagnosed with Lactose intolerance and my stomach has been feeling better, but I still get really dizzy and nauseous all the time and get scared i might v. I've been on ZOFRAN for about 3 or 4 years because that's what they gave me before they knew what was wrong and i still use it. I'm kind of afraid i'm overusing it though. I only use it if I feel sick, but I also have to carry it with me EVERYWHERE. If I feel the slightest bit nauseous for the shortest time and i don't have my zofran with me, i start to freak out a little bit.

Do any of you guys us Zofran as a kind of security thing? Or something like Zofran?

Default Re: Does anyone else use Zofran?

I'm not sure about Zofran, but I know a lot of people on here carry anti-emeticss with them as security.

I'm fairly new here too, and I've found lots of support and care here. I hope you find the same! :-)

I take Zofran. It is generally used for chemo patients. I don't take it everyday because I don't want my body becoming immune to it
    Colleen

Thank you, Kaydee!!

And that's a good point, Cuhley, I never thought about becoming immune to it :-\ So far as I've noticed though, I'm still okay :P

Zofran was my favorite! It works miracles. I was taking 4 to 5 a day though of the oral dissolving kind but the side effects were too terrible to stay on it - I was always constipated and got headaches. Now I take Phenergan and LOVE it! No side effects, but it does take longer to kick in since it's a pill and not oral.
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

I just ran out of my zofran and I'm trying not to go to my doctor to have it re-filled. It is enabling my fear. I think I'm way to dependent on it and wish I had never learned about it.
    It's a love/hate relationship
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”

Hi Just thought I would reply to say although I dont use Zofran (Im already intrigued as to what this is) I do use lorazepam as a relaxant when Im feeling really anxious. I also (totally naughty) use my sleeping pills Zopiclone if I am feeling bad. I have admitted this to my GP who is pretty understanding but I too have to have it on me at all times. And panic like mad if I dont have any. Your not alone in feeling dependant on these pills. I was also given an anti sickness pill used in chemo patients when I was pregnant as I suffered terribly with nausea and thought I would be sick and almost terminated my baby. I use those in extreme cases. Hope this helps.