Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Having trouble belching lately...

As the title says, I've been having belching lately. It feels as if my burp gets stuck in my chest or throat and i have to force it up. Eventually the feeling will go away and i'll be able to burp normally. When I start to feel like I can't burp, my anxiety will build up because I'm deathly afraid of throwing up. I'd rather get... if anything.. stabbed in the stomach and on the verge of death if that meant I would never have to throw up again. I have Panic and Anxiety disorder so that probably has a lot to do with it. I'm just trying to figure out if I have acid reflux or something?

Default Re: Having trouble belching lately...

I understand this. I get the same thing sometimes, the feeling like I have to burp but it won't come up. Then I start freaking cause I begin to think it's v*. One time I was in the car while this was happening which brought on a sort of motion sickness and made everything 10 times worse. And I understand wanting ANYTHING else but v*.

I'm not sure if it's because of acid reflux. I don't have AR so I really don't know what the symptoms are like, but to me that doesn't really sound like AR. I usually associate the AR with acid and not burps.