Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: I'm new here

Default I'm new here

Hi everyone,

I'm new here, I've been an emetophobic since I was about 3 (essentially as long as I remember) I'm 21 now, apparently a couple kids vomited in front of me at day care and ever since then I just can't handle it. I'm here because I just want to be able to talk to people that understand what it's like. It makes my life really miserable, especially because I have severe social anxiety because of it, I hate going out especially where there's alcohol involved (drunk people throwing up causes me the MOST anxiety because they're so unpredictable) and I hate going on planes, in buses, in cars and I hate going to theme parks because I'm scared people will throw up. Does anybody else have these problems? I am also struggling at the moment because heaps of people seem to think that I'm making it up and I wish people would understand that I REALLY can't help it.

Default Re: I'm new here

welcome! We totally understand you.
    It seems like you are more afraid of other people vomitting,am i right?
    I'm more afraid of vomitting myself,but that's all emetophobia.
    I think you will like it here,people are kind and they understand everything
    "Worrying is a waste of time. It doesn't change anything, it just messes with your mind and steals your happines."

Hi! Yes, other people v* is the worst for me but I also hate v* myself but it doesn't stress myself in quite the same way! As an emetophobic who doesn't like v* yourself, are you ok with other people v* around you?

I'm new too and this site makes me feel SO much better about myself. People think I'm crazy for worrying about something so unimportant (in their eyes). I'm 35 and have been emetophobic for as long as I can remember. It effects every aspect of my life and the panic I feel when someone around me is s* is unbearable. I now have children of my own and have to deal with their v* which I'm getting better at but than I worry for weeks that im going to get it. It's an awful way to live and I'd give anything to never worry about it again.