Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I was wondering if any parents out there had any advise for me. My 2 year old little girl started throwing up around 5 pm today. It has now been almost an hour and a half since her last episode. She now has diareah (sorry I don't know if thats spelled right). She has only v** in her room in her crib. I put on gloves and moped the floor and washed down the crib with bleach water and I run myself a sink of bleach water to rinse my hands with before washing them.I have chronicgastritits and acid refluxwhich causes me to be nauseous almost 24/7, and the doctor told me not to v** unless I absolutely could not take the nauseousness because it could make my condition worse, and on top of all this I am horrified as to what might happen if I do. It has been 10 plus years since I was sick last, I did get a virus in feb of last year but I never got sick. I am pretty confident that if I do get what my daughter has I can handle it, I get phenergran by the 100's. I also have severe vertigo at times which also makes my nauseousnesss worse. What do you all think the chances of me getting what she has is, I was in the room with her 3 times when she v**, I did not see any aspiration of it, but you know how sneaky these bugs can be. I was able to clean her, and I cleaned the surroundings up with bleach water with my gloves on. I feel so bad for not being able to pick her up and hug her and tell her its all going to be alright for fear of getting sick. By the way I was an emet long before I found out the nauseousness was really not "all in my head" like I thought it was. Sorry this post is so long, it is my first one, by the way I have read ever post on this site for the past 3 months. Thanks everyone for your unwaivering support!Edited by: blueiz25

Sorry your daughter is sick. I think you're doing all you can to keep yourself healthy, washing everything down, washing your hands, etc. Just keep doing that and keep the great attitude you have! That's awesome that you can say that you'll be ok with getting sick if it happens. Welcome to the site and post away if you need some reassurance and support.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I think you'll be fine, the bleach would have killed any nasty germs.. I'd spray some disinfectant around anyway just to be on the safe-side..

I hope your daughter feels better soon - and don't worry you'll be fine [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    target=\"_blank\">

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

</a>

You are taking all of the proper precautions!! I know how awful it is to hear/see your baby so miserable!!! I am sure you will be fine!! Let us know how you are both doing!!!

Don't worry! I hugged and kissed my 3 year old two weeks ago when she was sick because I know how important that is to a child when they are sick. It is a scary time...and face it, that is probably why we are all emets now! I know my parents could have been more loving when I was young and sick. They are now that they know my condition, but that doesn't erase all the awful memories. Anyway, moral to the story, I worried that I would get sick, too, obsessed about it for a week after, but I never did, and I am so proud of myself for taking such wonderful care of my daughter. You can too! It will only make us stronger!

It has been 2 hours since she got sick, my hubby is home now, he knows I feel sick allthe time but he doesnt know about my emet, He is giving me a break and taking care of her now, he changed her diaper and now they are both asleep, him in the chair in her room and her in her crib. She has been asleep for about 30 minutes. Hopefuly she will not be sick anymore tonight my hubby is going to take her to the doctor in the mornig to see if she has rotavirus. I called the doctor after her first episode, if it wasnt for that doctor I would have gone crazy. My husband is going to stay home from work tomorow and take care of her while I go to work.I don't know what I would do without him and he doesnt even know. Thanks everyone!!

I really hope she doesn't have rotavirus--my kids had it 2 yrs. ago!! I feel your pain, if you need any advice feel free to private messenger me!!

I am so sorry your daughter is so sick. I hope that she feels better soon, and that the nasty germies stay away from you!! Im glad that you have such a supportive husband, I dont know what I would do without mine.

Welcome to the site!!

Let us know how your daughter is doing and what the doctor says in the morning.

I am so sorry that your daughter is sick. Children at that age
    are very prone to rotavirus. The good news is if she does have it
    and you get it, it will be diarrhea. Most adults do not v*** from
    rotavirus and if they do it is once. This is according to my
    pediatrician. I am sorry about your acid reflux. My son has
    it very bad and has had it since birth. We have to give him a
    previcid every morning. In April they are doing an endoscopy to
    see what is going on. V*** for a person with acid reflux is
    really scarry because their is already an erosion of the espaghos which
    will be further aggravated.

I hope your daughter feels better. Please let us know.

Stella

How is you daughter today? My son had that rotavirus. Its not fun. How are you today??

Keep us posted.

Hello. My thoughts are with you. Having a sick (esp. v'g) child is the absolute hardest thing for me as a mom. We emet moms have it rough - somany conflicting emotions. Sadness at seeing your child suffer and being helpless to do much about it. Terror at having to facethe one thing we fear most. Guilt over wanting to care for our child and wanting to run away at the same time.

I worry every day that "Today will be the day." I was trying to bolster myself this morning by saying that illness is just part of childhood and that I will get through it and that I've already come a long way. But, it's hard because I wish that v'g was just not a part of life at all.

Sorry, I am a little down about thistoday. Just know that you are not alone.

Hey all,

My daughter is doing good today. She hasnt v** since last night , now she has the worst smelling diarreah, I have only smelled something that bad once before and it was when a puppy I had got parvo. She was running a fever of 102 this morning, it has now went down to about normal after I gave her some tylenol. The doctor said that it was a 24-48 hour virus and that it wouldn't make any difference if she run a test to see if it was rotavirus or not bcuz she is already almost over it. I am thinking that is probably what she has because thebabysitter was sick last thursday night w/ diarreah only, it is probably running its course through all the kids there even though she saysshe has not had any sick kids. I am happy the vomiting is gone, now I wish the diarreah would go to.I am going to eat a little lunch, but I reckon I wil be eating really light the rest of the week.I havealready been through the not eating thing so manytimes this winter, I actually lost 22 pounds. I will be so glad when summer gets here. Thanks all!

Im glad she is getting better!! I know this has been a rough week for you.

Congrats on losing 22 lbs. What a way to do it though, huh? I eat like a bird when my children have been sick, or when I know that it is going around really bad, or when I am worried that my children have been exposed.

Keep us posted on how she is doing.

My daughter is completely recovered. She is eating and playing full force. No one else that has been around here has gotten sick so far, it's been a little over 48 hours since she started getting sick so I have my fingers crossed! Thanks everyone for your suport!

I hope it stays that way![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Im glad she is doing better. Isnt it amazing how quickly children recover?