Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Urgent help very scared :(

I feel like I'm the boy or girl hah that cried wolf but I'm convinced v* is immanent. So felt a bit off last night and day before infact last night I thought I might be but wasn't then today tried to carry on as normal but by mid afternoon I fpwent down hill had some tummy pain that came and went for a bit but ate lunch and was fine then about 3/4 just felt dodgy kept eating mints and tried to forget it. Then I just came home and felt really really tired (this could be due to lack of sleep but probably not) I just felt funny carried on making tea but then just suddenly I went off my dinner couldn't stomach another mouthful and felt like my tummy was in my mouth like a rock was in it. Rapid breathing and worry I took two more domperidone and it wasn't working I'm now sat freaking out so badly as because I've eaten today it'll be a lot if that makes sense I'm so stupid can't believe I let my guard down.
    I have had normal Bowel movements though but none all day and then happened later tonight I'm also bloated I would rather not be than be sick.

Default Re: Urgent help very scared :(

Ok try and relax put a movie on or watcch a youtube whatever if theres a channel you like, anything that comforts you. get warm, drink enough water, and dont worry about being tired its probably due to lack of sleep. You sounds like you are getting yourself alittle worked up that all. Stop with the mints and that as it causes tummy issues if too much is comsumed in one day. just aches though dont worry.
    You should be totallly fine I have off days and its made worse by anxiety. Keep us updates <3
    May your dreams be bigger than your fears

I've calmed down a bit and not As bad but still don't feel well yet just fed up really. I, sipping ginger water and will try to restricts mints but they are my go to relaxers. I'm slowly eating a banana. So do you think the tiredness and lack of sleep and the pains Which is now just below mt boob and go the side are anxiety? X x x

Quote Originally Posted by callmejessicag View Post
    I've calmed down a bit and not As bad but still don't feel well yet just fed up really. I, sipping ginger water and will try to restricts mints but they are my go to relaxers. I'm slowly eating a banana. So do you think the tiredness and lack of sleep and the pains Which is now just below mt boob and go the side are anxiety? X x x

Ok glad to hear that, and good idea with slowly eating light foods! Sounds like you are on the right paths, and that pain is probably not caused by anxiety, and perhaps if it persists in the next day or two you should maybe pop over to a gp or something, but I doubt it is because of a bug, the pain would be more abdominal.

Try and sleep well tonight and if possible, wake up naturally (no alarms) tomorrow so your body can take all the time it needs.
    Tomrrow morning , try like a youghurt or something fresh and wakey-uppy
    Sleep tight
    Are the mints sugarfree? If so, try try try and stop because they contain something thats absolutely awful for the stomch and when I used to eat them it caused me to much pain I always freaked out.

It didn't last long woke up after an hour or so of being asleep feeling dreadful. I'm almost accepting that I am going to be v* it's just going to be a case of when and how much I felt like this last time I had a sv* exception is I don't have tummy cramps or pain and haven't really had d*, my tummy just feels tightened and like inflamed or something I'm just so frustrated with myself for having a&e today I wish I had been mire sensible and not ate soooooo frightened

Ok well dont say you were stupid , if you were going to v* you will v*. Regardless ifyou have eaten or not! You should always eat or you throw up stomach acid which is awful for you so well well well done for eating. Im sorry you feel likew this, but please if you do throw up, tell yourself well done or brave you! Thats what I did once and for years I was not afraid just fromm instant self praise!
    Hopefuloy you wont get ill, Im not saying its for sure but if you really feel like you must, then keep us posted and I iwll do all I can to help!
    Stay strong, fight back.
    You may even just have tummy troubles that will pass - lets hope!

I know I just wish I had less to vomit with like before Christmas all I had was soup so I retched twice and was sick once. Compared to my sister who in her bug was s* every hour and half and had a lot waaa I'm praying it's just hopefully ibs so I won't actually v* but I'm probably in denial. It's this waiting game I hate it allows me to get. MOre worked up and worried I wish it was a case of you felt I'll you were I'll straight away and that's it.
    I wish wish wish I never had this phobia
    thnak gou so so much for your support it means so much

Jessica, my heart goes out to you. I can tell by your posts that you are so so genuinely afraid of this happening. Two years ago I was exactly where you are. I thought about it literally every day and night. I didn't sleep and I was convinced 24 hours a day that I was about to do it. What you are feeling is tell tale signs of anxiety. The tight tummy and the fact that you're convinced it's about to happen, it's all pure anxiety. Are you a teenager? If you are, you need to sit down and tell your parents how you are feeling. This is affecting your life and you need someone to talk to. It breaks my heart that you said "I should have been more sensible and not ate." Honey, that's not being sensible. Your body needs food and nutrition otherwise you WILL get sick. When I was 19 I had an eating disorder and I was hospitalized for it. I'm telling you right now, that is not pleasant.

I read a post on here of a person who was cured of his emetophobia. He had V after a long streak and his life came crumbling down. He was way worse off than he ever was. Then one day he realized if he thought about the actual event, instead of avoiding it, it took away the fear, anxiety, and unknown of V. He began thinking of the event every time his anxiety would rise and now he is cured.

You are genuinely scared and, you poor thing, it is very apparent in your posts. Please talk to someone about this. You can't deal with this alone.

I agree with KimberlyP 100%.
    Most of the time if it was SV you would have diarrhoea and stomach pains (not where you described)

I really feel for you because I feel exactly the same way. The last few days I've been feeling so sick from medication I was taking (now stopped, I couldn't handle it anymore)
    Feel free to message me if you want to talk. But I do suggest getting help, we both do. We have to end the disrupted sleep pattern!
    Please visit my progress blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wanting to help others. Please spread the word!

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    "To thine self be true, then it must follow, as the night the day, that thou canst not then be false to any man."
    "The empty vessel makes the loudest sound."
    - William Shakespeare