Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default How often do you get v* with influenza?

I fear I might be getting the flu (tiredness and scratchy throat). I hope it’s just a cold I’m fighting off but I want to know, if it is the flu, does anyone know how often or common it is for adults to have n* and v* with influenza? I know it’s more common in children but can’t find anything on it with adults. I’m super worried because last time I was really sick (not sure if it was flu or bad cold with a secondary infection) I v*d and it was horrible.

Default Re: How often do you get v* with influenza?

I had one incident in 2009 where I had d* then lingering n* for six hours and finally dry wretched for a good 40 mins. I passed out though and woke feeling hungry but also with MAJOR flu symptoms! Doc said it was swine flu.... But literally, I've had 300 flus since then, all appetite decreasing but absolutely NO threat to the stomach. You'll be ok - maybe you just have a cold

I've had the flu multiple times. Sometimes I have a bit of diarrhea and a tiny bit of n*. The worst flu I ever had was in 2011 I v* twice. Usually you'd just loose your appetite (as thecheesecake17 says). I think it is fairly unlikely.
    Be easy to love,
    Hard to break,
    and Impossible to forget!

Most adults don’t v* with the flu. H1N1 (“swine flu”), or at least the strain of H1N1 going around in 2009, seemed to cause more GI issues, but usually it does not.