I know I haven't been here long, but I thought that if there was a general topic of things regarding SV's, it might help people relax a little more to read it if they weren't feeling too great. Here goes, you can fix whatever is here along the way.

First of all, SV's are only spread through direct contact with the germ! They do not spread through the air. It is spread through the saliva of sick people, and their feces. Your only concern is to keep your hands clean, and do not share utensils or cups/bottles with others!

Remember that it takes a lot to make the average person sick. If a small amount of the virus enters your system, it won't do anything. Maybe a small fever, max. Your body can kill those things very quickly, without you ever knowing. Its when you get mass and direct exposure, such as getting vomit on your hands, or kissing a sick person, etc., that you are at risk. So never fear! Plus, small exposure leaves you less vulnerable to getting really really sick later!

For food poisoning, your stomach has this special little ingredient called hydrochloric acid. My mantra is, "hydrochloric acid is good". Repeat it next time you think you're eating something iffy. It can kill small strains of the bacteria, so unless the food you're eating really is rotten, and not just a day or two over the expirey, there is no need to worry--your body is wired to handle these things!

Most of all remember that v* is just a natural reaction that your body has, and although all of us here are afraid of it (I'll be the first to admit it), its actually really positive. When we get sick, its a sign of fighting back, and its prevention of worse illness. One night of anxiety and discomfort is worth not having to go into the hospital for a week, right?

Keep in mind the BRAT diet-- Bananas, Rice (not white), Apple sauce, and Toast. If ever you feel icky, these are good sources to turn to, as well as soda crackers and ginger ale (we all know that one for sure!)

And finally, my never-been-wrong treatment for an upset tummy: a small slice of ginger root (you can get it at any grocery store for really cheap), disolved into a glass of luke warm water. It's never failed me before!